Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   Window Rubber Seal (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/window-rubber-seal-55485/)

2010HondaAccordLiquidMetal 06-25-2013 03:12 PM

Window Rubber Seal

Hey guys I need some help not sure if anyone has had this issues before. I just purchased my first Honda, which I'm already in love with it!

Whenever the car was tinted it hit the rubber piece that's held in by a chrome piece as well. I went to the dealership yesterday to see if they'd replace it but they wouldn't due to my 3 year 36k mile bumper to bumper was already up. So my question is, does anyone know what the part is or where I can find it other than the dealership, or anyone done a remedy for it?

I'm trying to avoid having to spend the $90 each to replace them if, I can I rather just come up with an at home remedy to fix it. I'm trying to get a picture uploaded so you can see what I'm talking about

2010HondaAccordLiquidMetal 06-25-2013 11:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry it's late but here's the picture I know it's sideways but its the only way I could get a good picture out of it.

Attachment 17429

TexasHonda 06-26-2013 06:59 AM

I think part you need is run channel. You should be able to find a used part.

Check car-part.com. You will have to find a potential donor vehicle and call the yard for a quote. Run channel is not a listed part on car-part.com. Look for something local first, but mail order is possible.

good luck

2010HondaAccordLiquidMetal 06-26-2013 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by TexasHonda (Post 325263)
I think part you need is run channel. You should be able to find a used part.

Check car-part.com. You will have to find a potential donor vehicle and call the yard for a quote. Run channel is not a listed part on car-part.com. Look for something local first, but mail order is possible.

good luck

Thanks! When I called the dealership they said it was called the molding assembly.

Is is possible to change it myself though?

TexasHonda 06-26-2013 06:25 PM

Yes, door panel must be removed and window removed. ericthecarguy on youtube has a video on an earlier model Accord. It should be similar to your car.

A shop manual is recommended to guide your work. Check automanualsource.com for a $22 OEM emanual. I have a couple of these.

good luck

2010HondaAccordLiquidMetal 06-26-2013 06:52 PM

Okay cool!! Thanks for the info TexasHonda I'll have to look it up, it's not a super urgent issue but I'm sure in the future I'll fix it.

I have all the books that came with my car, do I still need to look into purchasing the manual you are talking about?

EXV6NIGHTHAWK 06-26-2013 08:05 PM

I was checking on this when I painted my car (03 sedan model). From what the service manual says, you cannot remove the moldings without replacing them with new. I guess you destroy them taking them off. New moldings cost about $50 each on the online dealership I use. Needless to say, I taped them up for painting. Would have had to shell out over $400 to replace the moldings on all four doors (two moldings on each door).

2010HondaAccordLiquidMetal 06-26-2013 09:30 PM

Well did you do it yourself, or have the dealership do it? I'm assuming you did it yourself because I know the parts are cheap but the labor is what kills you on it.

But in my picture as you can I'm just trying to replace that chrome piece and everywhere I've looked there's nothing that shows that part, and maybe it's the window channel but I watched the video Texas Honda was telling me and that's not the piece I'm trying to replace.

redbull-1 06-26-2013 10:09 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I am still trying to understand why the outer molding needs replacement if the tint film is on the inside of the window. :confused:

Molding part #1 or 5 online dealer price is $18.29 each. It is not difficult to replace; but, you need to remove the door panel.

Only if you're replacing molding part #2 or 6. which is $22.01 each online (probably not what you're referring to) is really time consuming to replace due to trying to clean off all the double sided tape adhesive residue. No need to remove door panel. Side mirror has to be removed though. -- I have replaced that before.

https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...ine=1372302610

2010HondaAccordLiquidMetal 06-27-2013 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by redbull-1 (Post 325313)
I am still trying to understand why the outer molding needs replacement if the tint film is on the inside of the window. :confused:

Molding part #1 or 5 online dealer price is $18.29 each. It is not difficult to replace; but, you need to remove the door panel.

Only if you're replacing molding part #2 or 6. which is $22.01 each online (probably not what you're referring to) is really time consuming to replace due to trying to clean off all the double sided tape adhesive residue. No need to remove door panel. Side mirror has to be removed though. -- I have replaced that before.

https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...ine=1372302610

Thank you for the diagram, the piece I'm trying to replace is part 1&5 and I believe it's 8&11 that's what is messed up on my car. The picture is hard to do justice to where you can really see what's wrong but when it was being tinted the heat gun hit parts #1&5,8&11 which caused it to "melt" other than that the window and all the run channel and everything is fine. Thank you again for the diagram!