Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   HAF Help & Suggestion Center (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/haf-help-suggestion-center-21/)
-   -   HELP WITH DOOR Please (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/haf-help-suggestion-center-21/help-door-please-2941/)

tbopha 05-01-2006 12:44 PM

HELP WITH DOOR Please

Please can any one help me. My driver side lock does not open with the keyless remote and I've been trying to get the door apart. It's probably the actuator that failed, but I don't know how to disassemble the door without ruining the interior. If some has a schematic on how to take it apart or have suggestion, please reply. I have a 1999 Honda Accord EX. NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!

sir_nasty 05-01-2006 02:07 PM

RE: HELP WITH DOOR Please

Welcome to the forum! Alright so I just pulled the door off my 94 this weekend. I've never personally done a 99 but here's what to look for on door panel removal.

Look in/around/behind the interior door handle for a little circle like a cover piece that may pop off. Look under the armrest and look at it from above. A lot of times there will be little plastic caps that cover the screws in/around the arm rest. The last place is in the upper left hand corner and is usually covered when the door is closed. After you have those removed just get your hands in under the front corner of the door panel and work your way down around the bottom. You'll feel a few little plastic pieces snap out of their holders and then it should lift up/off pretty easily. If you have power windows you're going to need to remove the switches (to anything power) first. If you have manual windows then push in the door panel just a touch and use a fork and slide it down in between the door panel and the handle and you will need to pop off a little retainer spring then the window roller downer knob will slide out/off...

Hope this helps!

sTeVo! 05-01-2006 02:49 PM

sir_nasty has got it right... i used to have a 99, and replaced the window lift on the passenger side... its almost exactly as he says, but i think you need to pop the little cover off on the inside of the power mirror (not in the mirror - on the inside of the door opposite the side mirror) to get to a screw there... its mostly pressure clips holding the door liner on, just a couple of actual screws, by the way, theres only the one behind the door handle, and one in the bottom of the little door pull in the armrest, on mine, both had a little plastic cover over the screws which i managed to break both of - they're really delicate. [sm=signs003.gif]

tbopha 05-01-2006 04:07 PM

do I need to disconnect any power switches for the window. and how do I disconnect them without shorting something out.

sir_nasty 05-01-2006 04:23 PM

the only switches you need to disconnect are anything within the armrests (typically...) if you look at your armest underneath where all the switches are located you'll see a few small plastic cover plates, pop those off and you'll find usually about 3 screws as you remove the last one you'll notice that the whole switch assembly starts to pop up and come out of place, you can then lift it up a bit to pull it out of the way and disconnect the switches

tbopha 05-01-2006 04:35 PM

how do i remove the power switches and something is holding the panel in place where the handle is. I removed both screws in that area.

sTeVo! 05-01-2006 05:51 PM

there is a bracket behind the door panel - you need to lift the door straight up , i think , if i remember correctly... to get the electronic stuff disconnected, there are just a couple of wiring harness connections to unplug, you'll see them dangling when you get the panel loose.;.. i don't think i had to remove the whole control plate.... one wire harness for the window/lock/unlock switch, one wire for the light... let me know...

sir_nasty 05-01-2006 05:55 PM

he's going to e-mail me some pictures shortley and I'll post them... did you have to disconnect the switches before you lifted the panel off or were you able to lift it up/out a bit and then disconnect them?

Is there like a post or something that prevents it from pulling off and requires it to be lifted straight up?

tbopha 05-01-2006 06:15 PM

i don't know about a post. I can get at one harness right now and the security harness. I might need your number to walk me through this.

sir_nasty 05-01-2006 07:04 PM

I pm'd my number to you... I'm betting that the door handle (to open the door) has a little piece that goes through it on the inside and this is the issue you're facing... read your other post and I have instructions in there...