Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   HAF Help & Suggestion Center (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/haf-help-suggestion-center-21/)
-   -   Houston I have a problem (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/haf-help-suggestion-center-21/houston-i-have-problem-19012/)

slammed97 06-07-2008 07:33 PM

Houston I have a problem

For the past few days I have had issues on the forum getting the 404 code. I can't view some categories and I can't post in others.

Thanks for the help.

WheelBrokerAng 06-08-2008 01:22 AM

RE: Houston I have a problem

Owners are working on this problem..bear with everyone on this..

WheelbrokerAng :eek:

RTexasF 06-09-2008 05:47 PM

It really is one screwed up mess. Many areas I can't access at all and others won't let me reply when I can access it. Also additional letters, figures, etc. are added to a reply when I can get it to work. I do hope someone is seriously looking into the many problems. If it goes on too long peoplewon't return because it's always screwed up and just not worth coming here anymore. Once people leave it's awful tough to get them back. The same goes for paying sponsors.

IkeRay 06-16-2008 10:28 PM

yeah, its quite the annoyance, I am trying to help someone but can't post more than 1 sentence...

JeffB 06-19-2008 01:38 PM

I was unable to post anything for days! Its good to be back!!

Jeff

WheelBrokerAng 06-21-2008 10:53 PM

It's getting better but is still not 100% like it used to be...
Always hopeing for that better tomorrow...

WheelBrokerAng :eek:

kahnvict850 06-26-2008 05:34 AM

test test test, just testing out to see if i can post with this name

kahnvict850 06-26-2008 05:35 AM

oh snap, yea i'm back!! LOL thanks wheelbroker looks like i'm back on this name now

penny8241 08-11-2008 09:01 PM

Not Found The requested URL /PRIVATE_For_Sale_/_Trade_Classifieds/forumid_16/tt.htm was not found on this server.

this is what i get when i try to view classified section.

RTexasF 08-14-2008 06:39 AM

So now we have to deal with pop up ads????? They haven't fixed what has been wrong herefor many manymonths but canput in pop ups? This is the last straw for me.

RTexasF 08-14-2008 11:25 AM

Dumb old fool I am. The ads only pop up if you roll over them at the top of the page.

DUH!!!!!!!

falkore24 08-14-2008 11:34 AM

In Firefox, click on the tools menu, then options, content icon. There is a checkbox for "Block Pop-up Windows"

In IE, click on the tools menu, then Internet Options, Privacy tab. There is a checkbox at the bottom for "Block Pop-ups" there as well.

RTexasF 08-14-2008 01:51 PM

Mine is active. Look at the ads on top of some of the pages......they say "roll over for suggestions". If you accidentally do so they expand like a pop up and must be clicked off.

falkore24 08-14-2008 01:55 PM

I don't get any pop-ups from HAF .... I know what you mean though. I get them from AIM.

RTexasF 08-15-2008 08:44 AM

You will! They are not on every page and show up randomly. I found out that sometimes they pop if you roll over them or not.

falkore24 08-15-2008 08:48 AM

LOL, thanks for the jinx!

RTexasF 08-15-2008 11:59 AM

Just went to "off topic" and a Circuit City add popped up at the bottom of the page. There was no add to roll over either. The owners are flat ass determined to destroy this forum it appears. I am astounded that they can spend time getting ads & sponsors but refuse to repair the problems that have remained for months. What a crying shame.

falkore24 08-15-2008 12:09 PM

Do you run AdAware on your computer? Ccleaner? It sounds like spyware to me since I don't get the same BS on mine.

RTexasF 08-15-2008 05:26 PM

Both along with Spyware Doctor and Spybot.Ads only occur on this site, nowhere else. Ran every program today and one tracking cookie showed up, that's it.

RTexasF 08-16-2008 07:34 PM

Now two days later the ads at the top of the pages are gone! I'm guessing it was an experiment that failed. If only that effort were put into correcting the problems.........

WheelBrokerAng 08-17-2008 08:54 AM

ORIGINAL: falkore24

In Firefox, click on the tools menu, then options, content icon. There is a checkbox for "Block Pop-up Windows"

In IE, click on the tools menu, then Internet Options, Privacy tab. There is a checkbox at the bottom for "Block Pop-ups" there as well.

If you set the bar in there higher, you have to watch so that you dont knock off your other cookies that you might want in there..you have to play with that adjustment to suite your settings of other web sites and forums...[:@]
WheelBroker :eek:Ang

WheelBrokerAng 08-17-2008 08:57 AM

ORIGINAL: RTexasF

Now two days later the ads at the top of the pages are gone! I'm guessing it was an experiment that failed. If only that effort were put into correcting the problems.........
** Last night in one of the forums I still got a Pop up Poppy ad when I rolled over it..cant remember where it was at tho!..By the way..Dont use aposterfies anymore and you wont get these things anymore ' :D

WheelBroker [sm=pimp.gif]Ang

falkore24 08-18-2008 09:32 AM

ORIGINAL: RTexasF

LOL ..... it sounds like you are the test subject!!!! They just want to see how far they can push you .... then back off a touch.