HAF Help & Suggestion Center Need help with HAF? Ask. Have a suggestion to better HAF? Tell us here.

New forum folder idea

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 07:43 AM
Default New forum folder idea

It would be great to see a motorsports thread for those interested discussing track days, drag racing etc. Unless I am blind, I just don't see one.

Old 01-09-2014, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator

I saw your post over in the regions forum, that's a good idea. Maybe that's the place for it, because after all it's only going to be interesting for people who are "sorta close" to the location.

Seems like most of us are more focused on helping with troubleshooting & repair. But I like the idea because track-days are FUN.

Old 01-09-2014, 10:27 AM

Agreed, to an extent. A post about events at a specific track are more relevant to those close, but as an instructor I have instructed folks from New York and Michigan at my home track in West Virginia.

My thought for the Motorsports forum was more general in nature. A place to discuss tire, shock, brake (etc), as well as general how-to's and other resources specific to driving your car on a track, around cones, or drag racing. A place to compare notes and get ideas on how to do it right.

This would not be about street racing, or any other illegal activity, but purely motorsports related talk.

Old 01-10-2014, 01:26 AM
Administrator

I believe that Jim had the correct answer for you..The regions is the best area for those kind of posts..that would be the areas that you or they would have the most interest..

WheelBrokerAng

Old 01-10-2014, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by WheelBrokerAng
I believe that Jim had the correct answer for you..The regions is the best area for those kind of posts..that would be the areas that you or they would have the most interest..

WheelBrokerAng
It's your sandbox, I only play in it Thanks for the consideration.

Old 01-10-2014, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator

I'm kinda with Half-fast. I thought he was talking about events, which would belong in the regional areas.

Setting up the car for performance has sometimes been posted in (for example) the suspension forum. But the actual performance postings can get lost in between all the others dealing with 6" drops & other goofy stuff for looks.

Engine mods have their forum area also. But it's unusual for a question to have it's background in sanctioned racing. I wouldn't know how to help someone improve performance without bumping himself into another class where he can't afford to be competitive.

I think it would be neat to have a motorsports forum for that stuff. Just not sure how much traffic it'll get. The majority of stuff we get is like "how can I fix this myself because I can't afford to give it to a shop".

Old 01-10-2014, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

As an instructor, you're certainly in a position to give good answers to those questions whenever you find them.

Keep your eyes open for those, & put your 2-cents in. Someday if we create that forum, we can search for threads that YOU have posted in, & move them into the new place. Better yet, put in some searchable word, like "motorsports".

Old 01-10-2014, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by JimBlake
As an instructor, you're certainly in a position to give good answers to those questions whenever you find them.

Keep your eyes open for those, & put your 2-cents in. Someday if we create that forum, we can search for threads that YOU have posted in, & move them into the new place. Better yet, put in some searchable word, like "motorsports".
That's a good suggestion. I know just about every car related forum I go to has some sort of motorsports related talk, and a place to play. I guess that since this is an Accord specific forum, on track discussion isn't as prevalent.

I can tell you one thing though, my Accord handles as good as any Civic (maybe better due to the long wheelbase) and has the proven capability to be win in it's class. Many look at the car and snicker....till I pass them

Old 01-10-2014, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

I'm with Jim, I think it might be a good idea. And "Half-Fast" is right, we would have to be sure to keep it on the track.

Where I'm at, I know several people at work that go to VIR all the time. None of them in Accord's but still.

Old 01-10-2014, 07:25 PM
Administrator

If we should think of doing this men...who do you think we should put in charge of it..If it's a go..I'm sure I can get it handled..But..it would have to be run by someone who knows what the heck they're talking about..

WheelBrokerAng

Quick Reply: New forum folder idea