Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   HAF Help & Suggestion Center (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/haf-help-suggestion-center-21/)
-   -   Share Your Opinion To Improve HAF (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/haf-help-suggestion-center-21/share-your-opinion-improve-haf-13501/)

deserthonda 10-26-2007 04:07 PM

Share Your Opinion To Improve HAF

I was sitting here wondering how we can make HAF even better for current members and more inviting to non-members than what it already is ..

And i though who better to ask than all of you ..

I would like to read your inputs ..the dos and the do not.the good and the bad that you feel exist here at HAF .How can we improve are good and eliminate our bad ..
. and please feel free to speak honestly and freely .

Now,, that does not mean that we will do as it is suggested BUT i will personally and i am sure other MODS and ADMIN will read these, and if we feel that some of your suggestions are beneficial to our forum and all of its members , We will evaluate them and use them

And please .. keep your suggestion REALISTICLY OBTAINABLE ;)

Gianni ...

Trav20 10-26-2007 05:05 PM

RE: Share Your Opinion To Improve HAF

Different format? I know atleast 2 other forums(don't have to do with honda) with this exact format:(. Would that be possible. It could be like "our forum is nothing like the others" kind of vibe:D

accords own 10-27-2007 02:50 AM

it would be cool if the "car of the month" thread was kept up with. a bunch of people were nominated for september, and then the voting never happened.

smaglik 10-27-2007 02:55 AM

allow me to scroll easily to the next thread when i have searched for the posts since my last visit. its a pita to keep hitting the back button, especially with all the invisible ad pages in there.

sir_nasty 10-27-2007 10:58 AM

I don't know how easy it is to do that but it's a great idea. Just a side note if you hit the backspace key it will/should act like you pressed the back button (as long as you aren't in a text field) That's my little navigation tip/trick.

smaglik 10-27-2007 11:10 AM

good idea.

MacLeod 10-27-2007 11:31 AM

My only complaint is the format. Its a little too convoluted and hard to keep track of things. The ads are also distracting but I understand without them, there wouldnt be a HAF.

I post on the Polk Audio forum regularly and believe it has a very good layout and format.

Tony1M 10-27-2007 11:40 AM

If it would not gum up the works, I think it would be advantageousif everyone used more photos when either explaining a problem, or explaining a solution. Most times a good photo is indeed worth a thousand words, even though it's a bit of a PITA to take, edit, and post them.

I think it deserves at least a bit of thought to consider that an aboslutely perfect HAF -a place where the solution to every Accordproblem could befound with just a few clicks -wouldprobably have a great many"veiws", butquite possiblyvery few new posts.

Theoretically, at least, that would be the ideal natural evolution of the HAF. Of course the competingnaturalimpulse of the newbie is to come here and, without searching at all, ask how to change the oil and filter, so maybe this is all justBS.

RTexasF 10-27-2007 12:14 PM

ORIGINAL: accords own

it would be cool if the "car of the month" thread was kept up with. a bunch of people were nominated for september, and then the voting never happened.
I feel that the entire section is a waste of time and bandwidth. It has never really worked as was hoped and it's time to scrap it completely. That space could be used for something else of more interest..........which members could suggest.

RTexasF 10-27-2007 12:18 PM

The HAF Help & Suggestion Center was originally meantfor suggestions to improve the site. It has now turned into a "my car won't start" area. Those problems should have been posted elsewhere. That section could be deleted or cleared completely and started over going back to its original intent. If someone posts something there that has nothing to do with improving the site, move it to the appropriate area.