Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   HAF Help & Suggestion Center (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/haf-help-suggestion-center-21/)
-   -   Spam PM's? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/haf-help-suggestion-center-21/spam-pms-30871/)

Stoenr 02-18-2010 11:59 PM

Spam PM's?

I have 2 PM's wondering wtf.

I took the tt out of http because I am pretty sure thats a bad site, at least firefox tells me, and im not dumb.
I tried a search to see if there was anything on this, no luck or I didnt use right words.

Admin&Moderator
Warning! Next time we will have to complaint to your ISP.

Dear, Edjata;91lx5150;slammedh22dx;Stoenr;mr92378!A virus alert was noticed on your computer. We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: hxxp://securitytool-2010.org/Edjata;...oenr;mr92378If you do not pass this test* we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your ISP.----------------------------------------------------Forum Administration hondaaccordforum.com.

I hadent even logged in, in a few months, and that pm was from 2-14

The second, pretty much the same deal

ForumModerators

Important message from the forum administration!

Dear, Stoenr!A virus alert was noticed on your computer. We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: hxxp://security-tool2010.com/Stoenr-...---------Forum Administration hondaaccordforum.com.

JimBlake 02-19-2010 06:46 AM

That's kinda strange. Got virus protection on your computer?

If I were you, I'd scan your computer using your own favorite virus scanner. Maybe try others on-line, like McAfee has a free scan you can do. Established virus scanners instead of using a security tool that you're not familiar with.

Avast & Avira & NOD32 are 3 others that have free download virus scanners. Any computer-geek friends can probably tell you their favorites too.

austinman3214 02-20-2010 12:37 AM

someone's also posting some rather unnecessary links that should be removed asap.

WheelBrokerAng 02-20-2010 01:26 AM

EveryOne Pay Attentions To This Post

1 Attachment(s)
I ve repeated this before and I say it again..do not link on those type of posts..we do not send out post's nor any links for you to click on so use your heads and leave them alone..don't get curious about all the sex links..leave them alone unless you want to get your sex infectiond virus :D :D

I took out at least 40 links in the last 24 hours alone...
WheelBrokerAng :)

austinman3214 02-20-2010 10:47 AM

^ I of course left them alone, it was obvious what those links went to so why click them, I just thought for the sake of the site I'd let someone know they were there so they could be removed.

WheelBrokerAng 02-21-2010 12:48 PM

Members Please Watch Out About Links...That's Why Im So Hard On Them Being Put In Sig

Thank You..sometimes I leave to do things and dont come on for a few hours..but I usually catch them most of them..I am glad we have you members who also like there web site here and help protect it..

Thanks Again...Angelo

Stoenr 02-25-2010 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by WheelBrokerAng (Post 196556)
I ve repeated this before and I say it again..do not link on those type of posts..we do not send out post's nor any links for you to click on so use your heads and leave them alone..don't get curious about all the sex links..leave them alone unless you want to get your sex infectiond virus :D :D

I took out at least 40 links in the last 24 hours alone...
WheelBrokerAng :)

Originally Posted by Stoenr (Post 196482)

I took the tt out of http because I am pretty sure thats a bad site, at least firefox tells me, and im not dumb.
.................................................. .....

Not an actual link, and if you're dumb enough to copy, and add the hTTp and go to the link, you get what you deserve.

Not a virus. How would a virus on my pc send me random PM's in this forum, lol.
Better check the forum software, and how members are able to sign up.
I got another one today, this one from Board_Admin

JimBlake 02-25-2010 10:29 AM

Obviously it's a spammer who wants you to follow his link.
"Admin&Moderator"
"Board_Admin"
These don't sound like valid messages actually coming from one of us moderators. Besides, how would we be able to see viruses on your computer.

Angelo,
Do you know about any way for a normal user to send PMs that are spoofed to look like they come from those? No user-names match those. I hope that if anyone wants to sign up with a new username like that, it wouldn't be allowed.

Stoenr 02-25-2010 07:19 PM

Yeah, I pretty much figured it wasn't from an admin or mod.

JimBlake 02-25-2010 08:10 PM

As a moderator, I can't really check where that message came from. Maybe Angelo (the real admin) has enough privs to figure it out?