Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Just purchased a 2000 Accord EX V6

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2021, 01:04 PM
Default Just purchased a 2000 Accord EX V6

Got a 2000 Accord EX V6 cheap at a tow yard! Happy with it EXCEPT its an automatic. I know it CAN be switched but I'm not tryin to do all that at this time, or any time soon. The tranny is fully functional but just so damn laggy and well, just such an automatic.YUCK! I've never owned an automatic before and I'm not much of a fan now. Is there anything I can do to the tranny to make it more responsive? Or any improvements to the rest of the car to maybe make me be bothered LESS by the lack of a manual?

Old 06-24-2021, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by V6HondaAnna
Got a 2000 Accord EX V6 cheap at a tow yard! Happy with it EXCEPT its an automatic. I know it CAN be switched but I'm not tryin to do all that at this time, or any time soon. The tranny is fully functional but just so damn laggy and well, just such an automatic.YUCK! I've never owned an automatic before and I'm not much of a fan now. Is there anything I can do to the tranny to make it more responsive? Or any improvements to the rest of the car to maybe make me be bothered LESS by the lack of a manual?
You and I are of a like mind; four years ago I finally got tired of my 2001 V6 Accord EX, in large part because of the autotragic transmission. That car was my daily driver for five years, and after debating on what to with the Accord's transmission situation since literally the day I bought it, I opted to buy a 2004-2006 Acura TL (basically a tarted up Honda Accord) with the factory 6-Speed Manual. I've had the TL for four y ears now and I haven't regretted that decision for even a single minute since.

As for what else you can do with your Accord, literally the only real option would be to find a wrecked Acura CL Type-S 6-Speed Manual, and swap over at least the transmission, or, preferably doing both the J32A2 and the transmission.

Last edited by shipo; 06-24-2021 at 01:27 PM.