Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   2013 Honda Accord cat back (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-12/2013-honda-accord-cat-back-66003/)

Karla Torres 08-08-2018 10:47 AM

2013 Honda Accord cat back

here everyone! First time posting here, mainly because I’m frustrated not being able to find what I’m looking for. I have a 2013 Honda Accord sedan exl 2.4L. It’s single exhaust, thinking about converting to dual. Here’s the thing though, idc if it stays single but I’m trying to find a cat back exhaust and all I’m able to find are axle back systems. Am I looking for the wrong thing/ in the wrong place? Essentially I want to make my car louder/faster, so idk what I want. I’ve lost hours researching. I bought a magnaflow street series universal muffler tip a friend recommended but I don’t think it’s what I want so I’ll probably return it. Please help me out since I don’t know much about cars and you’re all geniuses. Thank you!!

shipo 08-08-2018 12:39 PM

Lets start with your wants; louder you can find pretty much any place, however, faster won't happen with just an exhaust (regardless of whether you're looking at Cat-Back or Axle-Back).

Karla Torres 08-08-2018 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by shipo (Post 381676)
Lets start with your wants; louder you can find pretty much any place, however, faster won't happen with just an exhaust (regardless of whether you're looking at Cat-Back or Axle-Back).

I’ll start will louder. Everything on my car is stock at the moment. Want a nice loud deep sound to it.

redbull-1 08-08-2018 09:53 PM

Check out Heeltoeauto.com. They have cat back sections (e.g., b-pipe) and axle back exhaust components.

Karla Torres 08-09-2018 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by redbull-1 (Post 381684)
Check out Heeltoeauto.com. They have cat back sections (e.g., b-pipe) and axle back exhaust components.

so i put in all the info for my car and the only exhaust options they have are for dual exhaust. Does that mean I have no other choice than to convert it to dual? That’s the thing, I’m mainly just looking for single. I guess if I planned to convert to dual eventually, might as well do it now. I just don’t know why they wouldn’t have any single exhaust options for my car.

redbull-1 08-09-2018 06:23 PM

I checked some other sites, most of the better known brand names only have it in dual exhaust.

One single exhaust was a lesser known brand, Tsudo; but, supposedly, it can be hit or miss on the quality.

Karla Torres 08-09-2018 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by redbull-1 (Post 381707)
I checked some other sites, most of the better known brand names only have it in dual exhaust.

One single exhaust was a lesser known brand, Tsudo; but, supposedly, it can be hit or miss on the quality.

thanks for all the help, really appreciate it! I really want the Borla cat back so I’ll just go ahead and convert it to dual exhaust.

redbull-1 08-09-2018 07:01 PM

Post some pics after you install it and tells us how you like it. :)

JimBlake 08-09-2018 08:41 PM

Some cars have more restrictive exhaust systems. Hondas tend to be less restrictive then most, just by tradition. I don't know specifically years or models...

Getting a less restrictive exhaust will only help to the extent that the original is restrictive. That's why it's limited benefit for most Hondas.

Karla Torres 08-09-2018 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by redbull-1 (Post 381709)
Post some pics after you install it and tells us how you like it. :)

Will do!👍