Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   Best exhaust system for F20B? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-12/best-exhaust-system-f20b-57944/)

Nimrod91 01-15-2014 12:58 PM

Best exhaust system for F20B?

I am doing an engine swap in my 94 Accord LX and I am looking for the best headers (that will fit the F20B) and exhaust for the money. I am looking for good sound but I don't want it to be super loud. Just like a sport exhaust. Any suggestions?

hondafreak91c 01-15-2014 05:42 PM

I would go the custom route. Since you will have an F20B, I'd go with a 2.5" diameter system. Most bolt on kits are 2.25". That's fine for the stock motor, but with the twin cam, you'd be better off with a 2.5" exhaust.

Get a KTeller pre-bent piping kit

KTeller Exhaust Piping Kits - KTeller - Exhaust | Headers | Engine | Suspension | Service | Integrity | Honesty

Vibrant 18" resonator

Vibrant Performance Resonator 2 5" Inlet 18" Long 1793 | eBay

For the muffler, its really up to you, but I would recomment Thermal R&D. They are a quality company, affordable, and sound good. This muffler in the link would be a good choice, as its a 2.5" inlet.

Thermal R&D 8” Oval x 14” Long x 2.5” ID Stainless Muffler 81425S: NLM

Here's a video of how Thermal R&D mufflers sound:

You would basically take all those parts to an exhaust shop, and have them weld everything up. Should cost around $600 total, which is a pretty good price for a fully custom exhaust. It will last a long time as well.

For a header, if you are looking for performance, go with Bisimoto, Highend Try-Y, or Hytech.
Otherwise, Greddy, DC Sports, as well as other brands have headers out there for the engine.

Nimrod91 01-16-2014 11:20 AM

Thanks for the information. It is very helpful. Doing the custom exhaust does seem like my best option. And $600 isn't bad. I was expecting to spend between $600-$1200 on it. So it is nice to know that I can get a good exhaust for the lower amount ha.

g22cd5 01-29-2014 02:55 PM

you can get a shop to make you a 2.5in MANDREL bent exhaust for around $200. Then get the muffler of choice.IF you wanna drop some cash get with bisimoto.com and get his h22/f20b manifold. It's a beast header making great gains. You can pick one up for around $600-800 but it's well worth the money. No other header can touch his header he makes. Good performance and great quality you can't ask for anything better.

hondafreak91c 01-29-2014 05:16 PM

If you can find a shop with a mandrel bender with decent prices, then do that. Bring in the muffler and resonator of your choice, then have them bend and weld everything up.

Its harder to actually find a good shop with a mandrel bender that doesn't want to rape you.....even in California. That's why I suggested KTeller......pre-bent, cut to length, and ready to be welded up. Depending on your location and whats around you, it can often be a lot less hassle.

Nimrod91 01-30-2014 09:12 AM

Thanks for the information. I have been doing a lot of searching. I am currently looking at the Vibrant headers. I looked at Bisimoto but my friends have had really bad experiences with them. I have a shop here that I have heard really good things about. And I know the prices aren't bad. But I am still trying to get the motor in (hopefully today). So it will be at least a few weeks before I can do the exhaust.

hondafreak91c 02-01-2014 01:08 AM

Also check out Hytech. They do custom built to order headers. Really high quality stuff. Good power gains as well. Definitely better than Vibrant.

My friend recently put one on his H22

Nimrod91 02-01-2014 09:59 AM

I will have to look that up. The power gain is what will decide how much I'm willing to spend.

live2rice 02-01-2014 11:08 AM

vibrant over bisimoto? :confused: thats a first.

I have never heard anyone say anything bad about bisimoto's products or customer service.

Nimrod91 02-01-2014 06:36 PM

Well my griend got one of the bisimoto headers and it was cracked. They said that the best they could do for him was 10% off his next purchase. So if I go custom then I will probably go someone else.