Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   can I get recommendation for Mufflers with Resonator Deleted, please? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-12/can-i-get-recommendation-mufflers-resonator-deleted-please-60501/)

Jessica Taylor 12-04-2014 09:55 PM

can I get recommendation for Mufflers with Resonator Deleted, please?

My current exhaust v6 is completely stock. I plan to get 2 Magnaflow mufflers and resonator delete. Will I have a very deep sound? I don't want to have a fart can sound. I want it to be loud too.

can I get recommendation for Mufflers with Resonator Deleted?

redbull-1 12-04-2014 10:02 PM

What year is your Accord?

Jessica Taylor 12-05-2014 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by redbull-1 (Post 353674)
What year is your Accord?

accord 02 ex v6 dual muffler, I'm having a hard time between Flowmaster and Magnaflow mufflers. I will go OEM resonator delete.

redbull-1 12-05-2014 10:42 AM

If the choices were between Flowmaster and Magnaflow, I would go with the Magnaflow. IMO, the Magnaflow looks cool and sounds better with an import car than Flowmaster.

There are many flowmaster vs magnaflow info. on the web.

Jessica Taylor 12-05-2014 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by redbull-1 (Post 353679)
If the choices were between Flowmaster and Magnaflow, I would go with the Magnaflow. IMO, the Magnaflow looks cool and sounds better with an import car than Flowmaster.

There are many flowmaster vs magnaflow info. on the web.

MF is famous for having a deep tone.

For MF, How loud is it going to be with no OEM resonator vs with OEM resonator? 2x 3x time louder? I want it to be loud too.

I'll probably go with MF to be safe, but definitely resonator delete.

woody31 12-05-2014 03:54 PM

I have a flowmaster on my 4 cyl vtec, I am hoping to find a magnaflow under the tree,,,The drone is unpleasant to say the least. Good luck.

Jessica Taylor 12-05-2014 06:20 PM

There are so many sizes, can anyone tell me the differences?
Magnaflow Performance Mufflers - Magnaflow Stainless Steel Mufflers - Round & Oval - 50+ Reviews

I know my v6 is 2.25 piping, how does the 4" x 18" body different with the 4" x 14?

and round vs oval shape?

redbull-1 12-05-2014 06:54 PM

If you want the direct bolt-on parts that fit your Accord V6 without modification, it will be Magnaflow Part # 15640. It comes with the 4" x 14" resonator.

MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles

Amazon shows a lower priced set.

Jessica Taylor 12-05-2014 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by redbull-1 (Post 353695)
If you want the direct bolt-on parts that fit your Accord V6 without modification, it will be Magnaflow Part # 15640. It comes with the 4" x 14" resonator.

MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles

Amazon shows a lower priced set.

Thank for your help, but I can't afford $600 exhaust + labor.
I went to a muffler shop and I got a quote of $450 for 2 MF mufflers and labor.
I'm doing more research between the oval and the round mufflers.

Scottwax 12-31-2014 04:40 PM

You get a resonator delete and it will have a lot of raspy fart can sound. Not sure how the 6th gen V6 exhaust is set up but if it has a resonator and a mid muffler like the 7th gen Accords, you can remove the mid muffler and get an after market resonator to get some more sound without it being excessive. And it should cost less than $150 for a resonator and a straight pipe to replace the mid muffler.