Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   Catback exhaust (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-12/catback-exhaust-53592/)

jonni3_101 03-14-2013 05:55 PM

Catback exhaust

I want to buy a cat back exhaust for my 96 accord. Is this something I can install myself or do i have to take it to a shop? I want one that doesnt make too much noise I only want it for performance, that being said what kind do i look for and on what websites?

any suggestions are welcome! :D

live2rice 03-14-2013 07:16 PM

What kind of tools and such do you have?

Its always a pain working under cars without a lift. But its not an overly complicated job. As long as no bolts are rusted on(depends a lot on where you live and how long ago your exhaust was replaced) it really only requires hand tools.

But not matter what exhaust you get you won't really see a noticeable increase in power.

Apexi WS2 is a popular one though.

WheelBrokerAng 03-14-2013 11:55 PM

Correct statement from our learned Member Mr. Rice :)

hondafreak91c 03-15-2013 12:05 AM

Apexi WS-2, Magnaflow, and Vibrant are some of the quietest and best sounding exhausts in my opinion.

blk5oh 03-16-2013 03:23 PM

hey, I got an 94 accord ex coupé. I'm looking for aftermarket header and cat back, but Im on a tight budget. anybody have any reviews on cheap eBay stuff? I'm looking for something not too loud as well, so maybe buy the cheap pipes online and replace the muffler with one that sounds better? any tips? thanks

WheelBrokerAng 03-16-2013 03:44 PM

hELLO nEW mEMBER

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by blk5oh (Post 314878)
hey, I got an 94 accord ex coupé. I'm looking for aftermarket header and cat back, but Im on a tight budget. anybody have any reviews on cheap eBay stuff? I'm looking for something not too loud as well, so maybe buy the cheap pipes online and replace the muffler with one that sounds better? any tips? thanks

aHHH. You posted right over this other members post..Please don't do that again..

I would post your post in the WANTED For Sale Thread..:eek:

Thank You for joining the HAF... :)

WheelBrokerAng

firefighter44 03-16-2013 06:23 PM

I also have a 96, Im running a spyder performance header and a apexi ws2 cat back exhaust but im looking to change the mufflers on it for ones with a little louder but deeper sound and running 3" pipes. The apexi is pretty quiet.

As my friend live2rice pointed out you wont see a real noticeable gain in hp.

P.S. Ang, I love the new avatar pic. Can i do that to mine?

WheelBrokerAng 03-17-2013 11:49 PM

Yes sir you can..if you can(pun) find the same cans..lol

WheelBrokerAng 03-17-2013 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by firefighter44 (Post 314896)
I also have a 96, Im running a spyder performance header and a apexi ws2 cat back exhaust but im looking to change the mufflers on it for ones with a little louder but deeper sound and running 3" pipes. The apexi is pretty quiet.

As my friend live2rice pointed out you wont see a real noticeable gain in hp.

P.S. Ang, I love the new avatar pic. Can i do that to mine?

Also your new Fire Emblem is nicer and brighter looking.. :)

firefighter44 03-18-2013 12:02 AM

Thanks Ang, I was trying to brighten thing up!