Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   Has anybody built their own intake? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-12/has-anybody-built-their-own-intake-38460/)

davidg99 02-28-2011 05:13 PM

Has anybody built their own intake?

I was just curious to know if anyone has made their own intake and if somebody has, what materials did you use to make it?

davidg99 04-03-2011 11:54 PM

I made a CAI for my last car, I just used heavy duty plastic pipe(like pvc pipe) and some plastic weld stuff to make it air tight. I also found some rubber connectors to make it fit onto my TB and the K&N air filter. It worked great and didn't cost but $50 minus the filter!

g22cd5 04-04-2011 08:30 AM

Cheaper to mod your stocker

Homemade Icebox Intake - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum

supercd5accord 05-02-2011 12:22 PM

I made mine, I used alu tubing and a piece of cf tubing from spruce aircraft. alu tubing is 3 inch (cheated and used a very expencive tube bender I dont own) and welded to 3"-4" adapters to fit a 4" tube (about 5 inches long) of cf. wasnt cheap, doesnt really look that cool, dont think it added any power over my old aem intake so I guess I would say I wouldnt do it all again. I will post pics if wanted.

DTCSkiLLz 05-30-2011 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by supercd5accord (Post 239297)
I made mine, I used alu tubing and a piece of cf tubing from spruce aircraft. alu tubing is 3 inch (cheated and used a very expencive tube bender I dont own) and welded to 3"-4" adapters to fit a 4" tube (about 5 inches long) of cf. wasnt cheap, doesnt really look that cool, dont think it added any power over my old aem intake so I guess I would say I wouldnt do it all again. I will post pics if wanted.

id like to see. sounds cool for atleast the diy job

supercd5accord 05-31-2011 11:58 AM

when i get my new phone (soon) i will be able to post pics. its cool lookin but I am thinking about getting an aem or some other brand name just for something different.

DTCSkiLLz 06-01-2011 06:36 PM

no problem, ill be waiting lol

ramrit52 06-29-2011 10:28 PM

I made mine for about $20. All i did was go to autozone and by the 45 degree elbow from the intake section and buy an actual filter. I took out the stock filter and left the stock piping where the MAF sensor is. I used apocket knife to skin some of the edging and stuck the elbow in the piping for a secure and tight fit. added about 12hp dyno tested.

Tek310 07-02-2011 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by g22cd5 (Post 236459)

I did this the other day. Used the upper intake that sucked air from by the battery and stuck that on the bottom of my air box with the opening pointed right behind my bumper ram air ice box ftw. Also took out my intake air resonator