Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   which intake to get (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-12/intake-get-20422/)

817boy 08-31-2008 10:06 PM

which intake to get

Sup fellas. I have a few questions. I have a 06 Accord Lx V6. I want toget a cold air intake. I want to get morempg andmorehorsepower w/ it. So i have narrowed it down to either a K&N air intake system, Aem V2 air intake system, or should I just buy a cheap pipe from ebay and put a Aem or K&N air filter on it, but would that be getting me any better horse power or mpg.
here is the cheap pipe i would buy from ebay
_What should I do??? Im also open for other suggestions.
Forum Rules apply, Please read them before posting...

WheelBrokerAng :eek:

03Sleeper 09-01-2008 09:33 AM

RE: which intake to get

Cheap pipe w/ name brand filter. A pipe is a pipe.

817boy 09-01-2008 10:19 AM

ORIGINAL: 03Sleeper

Cheap pipe w/ name brand filter. A pipe is a pipe.

exactly what i was thinking but what filter should i get the k&n or the aem v2. Is the aem v2 filter resusable like the K&N air filter?
But i wont be getting as much horsepower or better mpg w/ a cheap pipe as i would a name brand pipe.

03Sleeper 09-01-2008 11:29 AM

Uhh...the V2 filter is AEM Dryflow. Just get the right filter size for the your pipe diameter. Mine was 3" but then again, mine is an 03.

817boy 09-01-2008 11:50 AM

let me ask you one more question bro if i get a CAI what are the chances that water from rain will get thru the filter to the engine. Cuz i live in texas and it can rain pretty bad here and my friend had a bad***** cavalier and he had a CAI and he hit a puddle and got water into his CAI and it went to his engine and****** up his engine. Now im thinking of getting a Short Ram Intake but i cant find a good brand name one to get.

cjdm98 09-01-2008 11:56 AM

If your concerned about the H20 in your area(which you should be,hurricaneville) then i suggest a SRI, although there are ways to prevent water from entering the filter with a CAI setup.

WheelBrokerAng 09-01-2008 12:03 PM

ORIGINAL: 817boy

let me ask you one more question bro if i get a CAI what are the chances that water from rain will get thru the filter to the engine. Cuz i live in texas and it can rain pretty bad here and my friend had a bad**** cavalier and he had a CAI and he hit a puddle and got water into his CAI and it went to his engine and ******up his engine. Now im thinking of getting a Short Ram Intake but i cant find a good brand name one to get.
Yo Bro..watch your lip service in our forums or you can go elsewheres to post your question.

I took out your trash talk....
WheelBrokerAng[sm=boosign.gif]

cjdm98 09-01-2008 12:04 PM

Burn.

03Sleeper 09-01-2008 09:55 PM

Uhh, you would have to ford a river to waterlog your engine. OR spray water directly onto the filter.

accrd94ex 09-06-2008 02:13 PM

Question what is the point of putting a cold air on a car with out freeing up the exhaust and no a muffler that farts will not help it breathe. Also think about this The more air you take in the more fuel you need. Does that sound like better gas milage