Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   just got my aem sri (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-12/just-got-my-aem-sri-5111/)

kevin_nguyen0862 09-23-2006 09:36 PM

just got my aem sri

hi i just got my aem short ram intake installed onto my 2001 honda accord ex. it was very easy to install the the only part that sucks was taking the stock intake off. but anyways heres the question. i was wondering if someone could tell me if and how much horsepower and torque it suppose to gain. like when i press on the gas sometimes it takes a couple seconds before it actually responce and starts to accerlerate faster. and also at other times it is faster and it feels faster. could someone let me know please if that is how sri responds. if it dont sould i return it and get another one. thanks

kevin_nguyen0862 09-23-2006 09:51 PM

RE: just got my aem sri

here are the pictures of the intake i installed.

WheelBrokerAng 09-23-2006 09:55 PM

Hi Kevin. Your picture post didn't come thru..Please try again :D

WheelBrokerAng

Slusher 09-23-2006 09:59 PM

Your sri looks very nice! I don't think that you are going to get a more than a couple of ponies out of it and that might be optimistic. I have a sri on 95 EX 4 cyl and what I noticed as a differnce was: of course the sound @wot, better throttle response, better acceleratrion @speeds above 50 mph. AEM is a top brand and is preferred by many people on this sight, chances are you've got one of the best sri's. The sri really just helps the engine breath better and release horspower that was trapped due to restrictions. As far as exact figures of hp, couldn't tell ya.

kevin_nguyen0862 09-27-2006 02:40 AM

ok cool thanks alot. but like sometimes when i stop at a red light for a few minutes then i gas it a little it take a few second before it actually starts to go. and i am wondering if thats normal? please help. thanks

2002haccord 09-27-2006 03:02 AM

that happend to me once in a while too, but wat i did i took off the baffle box that connects to the old factory intake box. i can see you still have it on from the pic i took it off and got a little better response. the only thing different is my accord is a 4 cyl

Slusher 09-27-2006 06:52 AM

Did your car snap off the line before the sri?

WheelBrokerAng 09-27-2006 08:29 AM

Seems to be working okay now, and by the way it's lookin good...nice install...
WheelBrokerAng:D

ORIGINAL: WheelBrokerAng

Hi Kevin. Your picture post didn't come thru..Please try again :D

WheelBrokerAng

RTexasF 09-27-2006 10:06 AM

Did you reset the computer after the install? That may account for the slight hestitation. If you did not it should straighten itself out after couple hundred miles or so.

kevin_nguyen0862 09-27-2006 06:13 PM

ok thanks alot you guys i appreciate you guys helping out. i took off that black plastic thing (baffle box) that use to connect to the factory intake that 2002haccord mentioned about and its respond a little better. but thanks alot you guys.