Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   Modification Support (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-12/modification-support-52322/)

DavidAccord 01-11-2013 06:20 PM

Modification Support

Hi All,

I have a 2007 Honda Accord EX Coupe, 4Cyl VTEC, K24A8.

I've already purchased/installed a K&N Intake, DC Headers(4-2-1) and A'pexi exhaust with cat.

I have my next modifications lined up, but wanted to know if anyone had superior knowledge of this engine type and if it is capable to put out noticeable numbers.

The mods I am looking at are:

Throttle Body (75mm)
Skunk2 Pro-Intake Manifold
Kelford272 Cams (Upgrade Valve Springs and new Retainer)

Would these upgrades with the right tune increase 45hp/35lb ft+ or would this be a big waste of money for this car/engine?

Thank you for any suggestions.

DavidAccord 01-17-2013 02:13 PM

Anyone have any suggestions on this matter?

Thanks!

live2rice 01-17-2013 03:52 PM

The intake and throttle body wont make too much of a difference without the cams. But all 3 should add a decent amount of power, idk about 45hp without a port job on the head. Especially not whp. Have you looked into k20a2/k24a2 head swaps?

shipo 01-17-2013 04:40 PM

I'm thinking with all the money it would cost to make the changes the OP is talking about it might be cheaper to do a turbo applicaiton and call it a day; comparable price, lots more power.

DavidAccord 01-18-2013 03:48 PM

Have not looked into a head swap but it is an interesting route. I may just get the original head ported and polished and get the three upgrades. Should give some pretty significant gains I would imagine.

If I ported the block would I need to look at upgrading other engine internals outside of the cams/headstuds?

Thank you,

live2rice 01-18-2013 04:21 PM

Ported the block? Do you mean head? You will definitely need kpro and a new tune to maximize the gains from that.

phantom699 01-21-2013 08:50 PM

you will not see a " great " amount of power after upgrading anything. the best thing u can do is add a turbo or super charger for maximum hp.... upgrading ur cams will benefit be the best upgrade though, since u already have ur intake/exhaust done. I just hope that ur diameter for ur intake/outake match and arnt more then .25' over stock, otherwise ur losing power.

*YOU will want to get this tuned by a pro..see if there is a tuning shop near by you.

James Lee Farnsworth 01-28-2016 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by live2rice (Post 308361)
The intake and throttle body wont make too much of a difference without the cams. But all 3 should add a decent amount of power, idk about 45hp without a port job on the head. Especially not whp. Have you looked into k20a2/k24a2 head swaps?

I also run a 2007 honda accord and have been seeking information about a headswap because of the k24a8 limited options can you explain to me what goes into a k24a2 headswap and also what would go into a k20a2 headswap? Witch one is more practical and witch one would help with mods?