Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   Power from a F22B2 (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-12/power-f22b2-54778/)

Monkey Joe 05-11-2013 10:11 PM

Power from a F22B2

I've been thinking about beefing up my car's power alittle more. I'm asking if it would be a benefit to put on a slightly larger throttle body.
Just on a side note.....I did this on my 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 with a Fastman throttle body 52mm; stock was 48mm. And I got a crispier response and better towing benefit.

hondafreak91c 05-12-2013 03:06 AM

If you want power, don't just swap the tb.....you can also do an F23 intake manifold swap. you supposedly get pretty good gains off that.

Monkey Joe 05-12-2013 09:56 PM

thanks man, I'll look into it

carbonfiber89 05-14-2013 08:58 AM

I have a f22a did a tune up new NGK wires and plugs, all the basics. I put a cold air on it and noticed a huge difference. Then I put a full exhaust on it and the difference was amazing. I could break the tire loose at will. Which is nice when your in an accord haha : P I had to eventually take the headers off because it was too loud and my neighbors bitched too much, but if your looking for quick cheap power I'd suggest going that route.

You can find a cold air on e-bay for like 30 bucks that works just fine

carbonfiber89 05-14-2013 10:18 AM

Sorry I meant an F22B2 not a f22a

Monkey Joe 05-14-2013 08:27 PM

Thanks

Originally Posted by carbonfiber89 (Post 321533)
but if your looking for quick cheap power I'd suggest going that route.

You can find a cold air on e-bay for like 30 bucks that works just fine

My vehicle already has a AEM full-length cold air intake; the cone air filter is in the passenger side front fender. I had a flowmaster muffler, but hated the drone at 60+mph. So I installed a glass-pack, which is deep but w/o the droning. I have Bosch plugs +4 and Accel 8mm plug wires. Cat-converter deleted.

*Thank you for responding.*

I thought I might be able to add additional hp/tq. I don't want to fool around with a header. Bad luck with past projects. Thought a throttle body would be my next thing on the list?

Monkey Joe 05-14-2013 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by hondafreak91c (Post 321334)
If you want power, don't just swap the tb.....you can also do an F23 intake manifold swap. you supposedly get pretty good gains off that.

What kinda hp/tq mods do you have?

live2rice 05-14-2013 09:03 PM

The F23 intake will help. Any decent power will come with the addition of an upgraded cam shaft. Check out bisimoto for those.

Just noticed your at Ft Bragg, that's where I am too.

Monkey Joe 05-16-2013 11:07 PM

Live2rice, you live in Fayetteville, your from NH and you like the boston bruins. You are just like my room mate. But he hates when people mod their cars? Go figure.

An intake would be radical, cam would be the best thing since sliced cheesed [lack of a better word]. I would have to let a pro tackle those. Not this guy.

live2rice 05-17-2013 06:55 AM

Sounds like a good guy lol.

If you haven't replaced your timing belt lately that'd be a good time to do the can since all that would be off already.