Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   short ram air (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-12/short-ram-air-14648/)

accrd94ex 12-12-2007 05:47 PM

short ram air

I got a 94 honda accord ex coupe 5spd. I took the original intake plenum off and there is a plenum attached under neath it that goes to a black box that sits right next to the distributor cap. the black box has a butterfly valve on it the short ram intake will only fit if i take that black box out. There are two or three vacuum lines on the box that has a vacuum actuated seloid the one vacuum line traces to the right side of the engine bay, into a nother solenoid. I am just wondering what will happen if i eliminate that box. please help if you know what it is and if i can get rid of the pos

sir_nasty 12-13-2007 04:04 PM

RE: short ram air

Either I am retarded or we use a terminology difference but what do you mean by plenum?

falkore24 12-13-2007 04:13 PM

He's talking about the OEM filter box with the resonator below I believe.

Velocifero 12-13-2007 06:15 PM

ORIGINAL: accrd94ex

I got a 94 honda accord ex coupe 5spd. I took the original intake plenum off and there is a plenum attached under neath it that goes to a black box that sits right next to the distributor cap. the black box has a butterfly valve on it the short ram intake will only fit if i take that black box out. There are two or three vacuum lines on the box that has a vacuum actuated seloid the one vacuum line traces to the right side of the engine bay, into a nother solenoid. I am just wondering what will happen if i eliminate that box. please help if you know what it is and if i can get rid of the pos
sell me your oem rims and show us a much larger pic of your avatar pronto

accrd94ex 12-13-2007 07:42 PM

yes i am talking about the plenum going to the throttle body and is that a resanator if so do i need it

[IMG]local://upfiles/13464/0BAB37F16F764D69B7F68ECCD542CF3D.jpg[/IMG]

xpieceofcralpx 12-13-2007 11:21 PM

i dont think you need the resonator if you put a short ram in, i still have mines on, because i have to remove the bumper to take it off, but if you can, just take it out

oh and nice pic lol

accrd94ex 12-14-2007 01:35 AM

The resonator is gone and you don't have to remove the bumper. It is a black box that sits next to the distributor not in the wheel well. I will take a pic of it and post it up tomorrow if i get a chance

finch13 12-14-2007 09:02 AM

Yes, I took my resonator out without removing the bumper. The trick is to pull back the splash shield under it and pull it down. About the black box, is it that little black box attached to the bottom of the stock intake tube/plenum?

xpieceofcralpx 12-14-2007 09:36 AM

maybe i should actually trying to take it out then huh? haha, it just looked real complicated so i left it in there, but maybe its my car? who else has a 6th gen, and can remove the resonator without taking off the bumper? i also heard you can saw it out too..

falkore24 12-14-2007 09:48 AM

I pulled the bumper to get mine out .... not that difficult. I have the 6, so it is a different installation.