Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Honda News/Reviews (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/honda-news-reviews-38/)
-   -   Honda kicks off new Accord sales with configurator, new ad campaign [w/videos] (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/honda-news-reviews-38/honda-kicks-off-new-accord-sales-configurator-new-ad-campaign-%5Bw-videos%5D-50911/)

Honda Editor 10-18-2012 06:34 PM

Honda kicks off new Accord sales with configurator, new ad campaign [w/videos]

Filed under: Car Buying, Sedan, Videos, Honda

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog....urator-628.jpg

Honda has pulled the curtain back on its fully featured 2013 Accord configurator, and let us tell you, this large grouping of zeros and ones is positively sprinkled with wonderfulness. (That may be overselling it a bit - there are a lot of options though.)

The bread-and-butter sedan offers up no fewer than eight trim levels for the 2013 model year, with the most basic LX starting off the range at a reasonable $22,470 (once the $790 destination charge has been tacked on) and the Touring at the top of the charts with a $34,220 MSRP (with destination).

The LX up through the middle-tier EX-L are only available with Honda's 2.4-liter, 185-horsepower four-cylinder, while the top three trim levels are fitted with a 280-hp, 3.5-liter V6 engine.

If you want Honda's very good six-speed manual with which to modulate your powertrain, you'll have to select from one of the three lower trims (LX, Sport and EX), and their attendant four-cylinder engines. The four-bangers can also be had with a CVT. All of the V6 cars are only available with a six-speed automatic trans.

Hey, speaking of transmissions, did you know that most Honda buyers who opt for 6MTs are colorblind? Actually, we're guessing at that last part, based on the fact that the manual-trans cars are available in far fewer shades of paint than their auto and CVT brethren. That's right, while your Accord Sport CVT can be had in eight rich shades of blue, red, and grayish-silverish tones, your buddy's Accord Sport 6MT can only be ordered in gray and black. Take that, enthusiast drivers!

There are, of course, any number of exterior and interior accessories that can be added by your smiling Honda dealer, too. We won't run through the full list, but we will say that the remote engine start system, with special key fob, seems like the best deal of the bunch at $400 before installation.

Just for fun, we've added a whole slew of 2013 Accord videos from the box-fresh advertising campaign below. Kick back and watch the car on the move, and then head over to the Honda site and build your dream Accord. It's a great day for midsized sedan geeks.Continue reading Honda kicks off new Accord sales with configurator, new ad campaign [w/videos]

Honda kicks off new Accord sales with configurator, new ad campaign [w/videos] originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 19 Sep 2012 17:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

MysticBlueEX 10-18-2012 06:57 PM

When I took my car to the dealer the other day, I had the pleasure of sitting in a 2013 Accord Sport Sedan.
Any questions that were out there on the "cheap" interiors of Hondas lately were instantly dispelled by the carbon fibre weave, matte finishes and polished metal trim.
There was also a large flat panel display just to the right of the driving position. Yes, you could say I was impressed.:)

WheelBrokerAng 10-19-2012 01:48 AM

Hey that's fun to use..I like it already..Thanks ":)

jax711 11-26-2012 12:51 PM

Does the Accord Sport sedan i4 manual really exist?

Does the Accord Sport sedan i4 manual really exist? Honda says they are out there, but I've searched the Internet for one anywhere in the country and came up empty.

Snowshoe 02-16-2013 08:02 AM

Yes, The 2013 Accord Sport 6 Speed Manual does exist! I just bought one in Modern Steel Metallic. They just pulled it off the truck! I was the only person to test drive it and I had to have it! OMG this car is ROCKS!!! Your local dealer can get you one but you must be patient. They are kind of rare these days! I waited 2 months for this car and it was well worth the wait!

WheelBrokerAng 02-17-2013 12:50 PM

Hey Snowshoe :)

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Snowshoe (Post 311625)
Yes, The 2013 Accord Sport 6 Speed Manual does exist! I just bought one in Modern Steel Metallic. They just pulled it off the truck! I was the only person to test drive it and I had to have it! OMG this car is ROCKS!!! Your local dealer can get you one but you must be patient. They are kind of rare these days! I waited 2 months for this car and it was well worth the wait!

Find a camera and post a picture of the inside and outside..put it in your garage post here on the web site..

WheelBrokerAng :)