Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   2017 Accord Hybrid (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/2017-accord-hybrid-64728/)

arcticvman 06-23-2017 10:13 AM

2017 Accord Hybrid

Hello All,
I just bought my wife a new 2017 Accord Hybrid. So far, its very fun to drive a nice to ride in, but we only have a few hundred miles on it.
Looking forward to great mileage a nice ride. Its our 4th Honda, we had an Odyssey, CRV and now two Accords.
Anyway, just wanted to say HI and introduce myself.

Mario

2013 Accord LX Silver
2017 Accord Hybrid Vortex Blue

Corvair 06-24-2017 08:37 PM

Congratulations. Keep us posted on MPG's and anything else. Did you get a good deal, since gas is cheap and hybrid sales are a bit soft.

arcticvman 06-26-2017 11:53 AM

Hey Corvair,
I did get a good deal, the car had been on the lot for about 6 months so they had discounted it about 5k. It is a Hybrid (base model). First fill up was @ 498 miles using 9.7 gal, so a whopping 51.3mpg. Have had two problems already though....first one is minor, both sun visors fell off when used the first time. So they weren't mounted correctly, but I got them back in easily.
Second, we ran it through the car wash and now the horn goes off randomly.
Waiting on a time to get the car back in to the dealer so they can find and fix this issue.

veggieluva 07-28-2017 10:51 PM

Saying hello also

Purchased the first Honda accord yesterday. Went with hybrid EX-L, just over $6,000 under MSRP and .9 APR for 72 months.
Originally came in interested in the EX-L. They only had basic and touring, and the deal was suppose to be for what was on the lot. Considered the touring but they offered up a EX-L to be brought in from another city. It should be ready sometime next week.
Old car was sandwiched at a red light, so it's a rental until then.

1st hybrid, 1st accord, 1st Honda, 1st new car.
EX-L in Modern steel metallic with black interior

veggieluva 07-28-2017 11:04 PM

Still looking around yet, but anyone have a favorite place to buy accessories? Wanting to pick up all weather floor mats and maybe splash guards.

Possibly a dash cam, but not sure how that will work yet with the hybrid shutting off at lights.

jemanner 07-28-2017 11:06 PM

I'm in the club! Took delivery Tuesday of a 2017 Accord Hybrid - Touring. So far, so good. It's going to take some getting used to, pulling out of the garage silently on battery power, and the car deciding when to start/stop the engine. Interesting, watching the EV light going on and off while driving. Did an 80-mile initial drive with ideal conditions, i.e. speeds between 35-60 MPH, mostly highway, and it indicated right at 59 MPG. However, I don't expect great things on the Interstate at 80 MPH. The only negative is Honda could have done a better job at insulating engine noise from the passenger compartment, but I find this the case with all modern 4-bangers. Is it that expensive to add a bit more sound-proofing?

jemanner 07-28-2017 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by veggieluva (Post 376222)
Still looking around yet, but anyone have a favorite place to buy accessories? Wanting to pick up all weather floor mats and maybe splash guards.

I just did the OEM all-weather mats. Ditto for the splash guards. Haven't decided if to install the splash guards, yes they protect from stone damage, but it all depends on how they look.

jemanner 07-28-2017 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by arcticvman (Post 375701)
we had an Odyssey, CRV and now two Accords

How did you like the CRV? We have a granddaughter who is hot to get a new one, her first car. I am a bit concerned that the current CRV has a CVT. So many makers have had difficulties with belt-type CVT's, and just lately Subaru extending the warranty on select years, but not current production. It hints something is amiss. Nissan also had grief.

veggieluva 07-28-2017 11:31 PM

Jenanner, 59 mpg surpasses what I hoped to expect from it. Nicely done. I read someone say they logged their own MPG for a few months and said his calculated came to a higher MPG then even the car computer said, so that impressed him.
One of the reasons for this car choice was the smoother ride, breaking and noise then most in it's type. (helps with migrane issues) I hope it's not too bad on the HWY for noise but at least I don't travel hwy often.

Originally Posted by jemanner (Post 376225)
I just did the OEM all-weather mats. Ditto for the splash guards. Haven't decided if to install the splash guards, yes they protect from stone damage, but it all depends on how they look.

OH did you purchase those at the dealership or are those the one that came with the touring? I haven't seem them yet. Do you get rough weather where you are?
The old car was a certified used 2014 subrau that had all weather tech mats already included. They were nice. We get some extreme wet and snowy midwest weather here.

I'll have to look around to see whats available for tolerable splash guards.

jemanner 07-28-2017 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by veggieluva (Post 376228)
OH did you purchase those at the dealership or are those the one that came with the touring? I haven't seem them yet. Do you get rough weather where you are?
The old car was a certified used 2014 subrau that had all weather tech mats already included. They were nice. We get some extreme wet and snowy midwest weather here.

I'll have to look around to see whats available for tolerable splash guards.

We live in eastern Idaho, close to Yellowstone, and the winters can get a bit tough, but then we break out the trusty '05 4Runner 4x4. I got the OEM splash guards, but they were not included with the Touring pkg.

Speaking of a Subaru, it was in the running, as we have owned three in the distant past with great success, but the CVT worries me. All were manual transmissions. Would love to have their sweet H6 engine, but not exactly thrifty with fuel.