Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   Accord hybrid 2017 vs 2018 (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/accord-hybrid-2017-vs-2018-a-65119/)

AccordNoob2 10-24-2017 01:41 PM

Accord hybrid 2017 vs 2018

I’m considering upgrading from an older Accord Hybrid to a 2017 or a 2018 (once out). I’m particularly interested in Car Play and other “tech” features (lane assist, crash avoidance braking, etc), and so thinking the EX-L trim would be right.

Does anyone have thoughts on how these two years compare — or do I need to wait for the 2018 to release to get good insight? It sounds like the trunk is bigger in the ‘18, and maybe the body has changed? Wondering if there are other big differences. Also seems like I could get a better price on a ‘17 (possibly a few thousand dollars) so interested in thoughts on how the ‘18 benefits stack up compared to that.

Thanks!

PhaetonTim 11-16-2017 01:11 PM

I too am looking at the 2018 Accord Hybrid. I am looking at the Touring model, so my wife can enjoy HUD, continuous damping control, and other benefits of that model. The one thing she wants is true Blind Spot detection, which the '17 does not have (it has a funky camera mounted on the passenger mirror, which forces you to look away because the view of the camera is put on the dash screen, very, very unintuitive.) So ALL of the '17 Accords are out. This is for my wife, who uses Apple Car Play for voice texting/messaging while driving to/from work and work sites. She has all of the '18 Accord tech features on her current car (which is being bought back from a manufacturer /lemon law/), except the autonomous emergency braking. Her current car is a plug-in hybrid, with a tiny trunk, seats do not fold down, no moon roof, no spare tire. The '18 Accord has a huge trunk (larger than my Volvo S90),seats that fold down 60/40, a moon roof, and a spare tire. Plus, it looks like Honda anticipates it will go more than 600 miles on one tank of gas (which is the limit on her current plug-in.) And, of course, autonomous emergency braking. I do not anticipate getting a big break on the cost either, as the timing of the buy-back and the release of the 2018 Hybrid will be problematical. We may be down to 1 car for awhile.
Tim

Errol Hoberman 01-22-2018 06:08 PM

2016 vs 2018

Originally Posted by AccordNoob2 (Post 377346)
I’m considering upgrading from an older Accord Hybrid to a 2017 or a 2018 (once out). I’m particularly interested in Car Play and other “tech” features (lane assist, crash avoidance braking, etc), and so thinking the EX-L trim would be right.

Does anyone have thoughts on how these two years compare — or do I need to wait for the 2018 to release to get good insight? It sounds like the trunk is bigger in the ‘18, and maybe the body has changed? Wondering if there are other big differences. Also seems like I could get a better price on a ‘17 (possibly a few thousand dollars) so interested in thoughts on how the ‘18 benefits stack up compared to that.

Thanks!

I traded in my 2016 Accord EX-L V6 which was in good to very good condition for the 2018 Touring 2.0, Dam happy I did. The safety features are tremendous and worth my loss on the trade in. I use them all. Am getting 32 MPG around town.If you can afford it, do it.. My price was $33936.00 W/O trade.