Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   bought this car from this girl (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/bought-car-girl-20288/)

ch1ngl1ng 08-23-2008 08:12 PM

bought this car from this girl

ok so, Hello everyone, Im Lucy and my entire family are honda drivers. I think our family has owned 6 hondas over the past 17 years... all accords and civics, of course.

I just bought my 98 Accord Sedan EX from my sister, who was the first owner. It has a modest 70k miles on it. Its an automatic, and moon roofed :). I dont think there are any aftermarket parts on it, even the stereo and speakers are OEM (its a CD player so its alright). Here she is....

http://a820.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...910d0bd74b.jpg

Its already experience the "common honda problems." Its had a window problem for years now and recently it began to fight me to shift into gear (out of park)

My dream Accord is the 98-02 Accord Coupe, 5-speed Manual, in the same purple/plum as my current accord. If i could id totally change it into shifter paddles [&:]. So heres the stock pic of that car
http://www.spoilerworks.com/images/HOAC-9802-CPE1.jpg

Pleasure to make your acquaintance [sm=smiley14.gif][sm=thanx.gif]

-Lucy

P.s., Im also a motorcyclist, but Ive never owned a Honda bike. And yes, that is me in my avatar. (It says Zairrah because she did the make up for the picture)

cjdm98 08-23-2008 08:25 PM

RE: bought this car from this girl

So do you plan on doing anything to this acccord ?

[sm=hail.gif]

WheelBrokerAng 08-23-2008 09:54 PM

Welcome to the forums...Thank You for joining the HAF:

WheelBrokerAng ;)

ch1ngl1ng 08-23-2008 11:43 PM

well Im planning on changing out the speakers and getting a decent deck sometime in the future, when the budget lets me. Other than that i probably wont do anything else, since it isnt my "dream" car. BTW, my dream car and my dream accord are two separate things... ;).
I really want a German car, but Honda is my first love [sm=loveeyes.gif].

RTexasF 08-24-2008 06:43 AM

Welcome to the padded room :D. I hope you are able to cure the few problems you reported and enjoy a totally reliable ride.

otsb708 08-24-2008 09:35 AM

Welcome and nice avatar!

JimBlake 08-24-2008 08:46 PM

I've had a couple German cars, & theyre nice too.

Do you play strings, or is that just a prop for the picture?

03Sleeper 08-26-2008 12:41 AM

Is the EX V6? If so...the tranny may die soon. "/

ch1ngl1ng 08-28-2008 07:48 PM

i used to play the violin and viola in school... for about 6 years, but i put it down for a couple if years and im trying to take lessons again. The one in the picture is a viola, and I own both. I like my viola much more

the car is a inline 4-banger (thank god ;) since its decent on gas)

Fenix 08-29-2008 08:23 AM

forget the car, what do you ride? Im usually cruzing around on a GSX-R 600 its putting down close to 145HP Its freaking quick, got the acceleration of a 1000

klrspz 08-29-2008 04:07 PM

hey so I'd fix that tranny before it leaves you stranded...

unless you like to play the damsel in distress...

:eek:

ch1ngl1ng 08-29-2008 04:57 PM

damsel in distress never worked for me... from my experience, damsel in distress costs me more money[>:]

so I called my mobile mechanic chinese dude and he said it had something to do with the tranny not being able to detect the brake sensor. Im no grease monkey but I kinda understand the gist of it. In addition to my tranny not knowing that my brake is being depressed, apparently my tail lights didnt know either (and my tail lights werent coming on when im braking).

Anyway we got that fixed. He charged me a little over $100.

klrspz 08-29-2008 05:40 PM

actually it's more likely that you have the dreaded 6th gen tranny problems.... it's bound to happen to like 90% of 6th gens. if i recall, it was gears 1/2 that would burn out due to overheating.

the solution is a new transmission if this is the case.

search around on the forums, you'll find evidence of this trend pretty clearly i believe.

ford 08-30-2008 11:08 PM

hey Lucy!! first of all Welcome to HAF!!

and yeah..like the paint of your car..looks great...

bout ur car problem...did ur mechanic fix the trans issue??

btw..so where u from??:D..

03Sleeper 08-31-2008 12:54 AM

Nah....does it strike 4 bangers for 6th gen? I thought it was the v6 that was more susceptible.