Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   Greetings from the UK (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/greetings-uk-18423/)

ancientoneuk 05-11-2008 07:58 PM

Greetings from the UK

Hey Folks,

Found this forum and started reading it and thought to join as it seems that if anyone is gonna know anything Accords, this is the place :)

Just imported in an immaculate 1996 Accord U.S. Wagon 2.2 Litre VTeC and very impressed with it although I intend to do some work to bling it up a bit but need to get to know my Honda a little before I start slamming it and stuff.

I have come across reference elsewhere that this model has the desireable engine in it hence my choice in importing this one, my last project was a Pikes Peak replica 1995 Hyundai Coupé and the Honda's I have owned before was a rather nasty Honda Balladé (rebadged Rover 216 and extremely toxic) and a 1983 series 1 Civic Sports Coupé so I am not so up on Honda's as I would like to be and would hope that someone could point me in the right direction to find out what spec, engine etc it is and what modifications I can do to it whilst keeping it for the time being a street sleeper. Once having the mechanical side to my liking I want to then slam it to the floor and go all out on full interior/exterior customisation and as I do ICE installs for my other projects put a few kW of sounds in there too.

I am extremely impressed with the equipment level, far surpassing that of my old Jaguar XJ40, I keep finding bits on it with japanese names such as an underskirt on front and back bumper, it also has the JDM parking pole but have no idea what that does except maybe inconvenience people standing on the kerb lol.

Cya

Ian

JimBlake 05-11-2008 11:46 PM

RE: Greetings from the UK

Can't help much on your questions, but... Welcome!
There's a few other UK people on here already, maybe some of them will chime in.

RTexasF 05-12-2008 06:40 AM

Welcome mate. Cheers.

ancientoneuk 05-12-2008 07:52 AM

Thank you both for your welcome :)

ancientoneuk 05-12-2008 08:10 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Heres some pics that I got off the importers eBay auction through where I bought it from...

Attachment 22586

Attachment 22587

Attachment 22588

The side badges say:

U.S. Wagon and

Honda of America

So from what I can understand that this car was made in the US, exported to the land of the rising sun and then came over here to me.

The underskirt kit is a Shin Kanagawa one w/e that is and the wheels in pic are not the ones on it now as those were only put on it for transport with the 16" alloys weren't fitted til I put em on after its testing and registration. I paid £1350 total for the car and there are U.S. wagons on eBay at the moment for £3650 so I think a bit of a deal lol.

More info:

Also discovered the engine is a F22B 16 Valve VTEC and have receipts from JDM Samurai in Japan for some sort of modification amassed amongst the various papers and receipts. Have no idea what this means other than what I have found out on Prelude forums about the engine being one of the best of that era for modding and tuning... Is this true?

RTexasF 05-12-2008 07:05 PM

That is really a nice ride. Wagons are rare here in the colonies so that is indeed a find.

WheelBrokerAng 05-12-2008 08:15 PM

I have seen a few wagons in some of the car shows over here and they are all great looking because they are few and far between...

Welcome to the HAF...

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

ancientoneuk 05-12-2008 08:19 PM

I'm as pleased as punch with it to be honest, it won't stay that colour as the finalé will be to find an airbrusher and coat it with scenes from my other hobby which is World of Warcraft lol but wanna get the other bits sorted before I go down that route :)

Although it may pay to find a quality vinyl maker and then coat over that with a hard lacquer, dunno if thats a viable alternative in this modern day.

It was this car that began it all when I was researching a car to work on and spotted it in Google images...

http://www.lowrideredge.com/events/0..._Side_View.jpg

Makes the ol Scoupe look like a beginner :)

gomarlins3 05-12-2008 10:31 PM

Welcome to the site.

JimBlake 05-12-2008 11:05 PM

First digit in the VIN will tell you where it was actually built.
VIN starts with J for Japan or 1 for USA or 2 for Canada.

From the one photo, it looks like it's right-hand drive. So even if made in USA, it can't have been built as a USDM car. If it's got the curb feelers, it's probably JDM.