Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   Hello! Stoked to have found HAF today (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/hello-stoked-have-found-haf-today-66371/)

that_crazy_car_guy 12-18-2018 04:16 AM

Hello! Stoked to have found HAF today

Hello everyone! Posting here in the new members thread to introduce myself and my already much loved 1992 Accord EX 4 door with a five speed manual tranny. I just bought the car last month, nothing remarkable there. What was remarkable though was that I bought it from the original owner. They bought it new with just 20 miles on the odometer. Today I just rolled past 221,000 miles. My first Accord was a 1982 4 door with a 5 speed. I drove that car everywhere. Thousands and thousands of miles. It only gave out on me once when the valves had literally worn out from driving back and forth to San Francisco. Because I lived in Northern California I drove it until no matter how exceptionally I maintained it there was no way for it to pass the Bay Area Air Quality Management District smog test. The state gave me the choice of junking it or selling it to them for 1000.00. I sold it. I will never forgive them for that. So, yeah, I get over attached to my cars.
I also own and drive a 1992 Civic 4 door, as well as, a 2001 Civic 4 door. They are both 4 speed automatics. I originally bought them as first cars for my sons when they started driving. I just haven't gotten around to selling them yet. Knowing myself I probably never will. Is it OK to ask questions about the Civics here or is there a separate forum for Civic owners?
Anyway, cheers! I am looking forward to learning lots of stuff so I can keep wrenching on my Hondas.

The Toecutter 12-18-2018 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by that_crazy_car_guy (Post 383490)
Hello everyone! Posting here in the new members thread to introduce myself and my already much loved 1992 Accord EX 4 door with a five speed manual tranny. I just bought the car last month, nothing remarkable there. What was remarkable though was that I bought it from the original owner. They bought it new with just 20 miles on the odometer. Today I just rolled past 221,000 miles. My first Accord was a 1982 4 door with a 5 speed. I drove that car everywhere. Thousands and thousands of miles. It only gave out on me once when the valves had literally worn out from driving back and forth to San Francisco. Because I lived in Northern California I drove it until no matter how exceptionally I maintained it there was no way for it to pass the Bay Area Air Quality Management District smog test. The state gave me the choice of junking it or selling it to them for 1000.00. I sold it. I will never forgive them for that. So, yeah, I get over attached to my cars.
I also own and drive a 1992 Civic 4 door, as well as, a 2001 Civic 4 door. They are both 4 speed automatics. I originally bought them as first cars for my sons when they started driving. I just haven't gotten around to selling them yet. Knowing myself I probably never will. Is it OK to ask questions about the Civics here or is there a separate forum for Civic owners?
Anyway, cheers! I am looking forward to learning lots of stuff so I can keep wrenching on my Hondas.

Welcome. You might try asking "non-Accord" questions in off topic. I know it helped me on my son's 98 Civic 4 door, when we were having a non-start issue.

JimBlake 12-19-2018 11:30 AM

There's another forum "hondacivicforum.com" you might try. But don't be afraid to ask Civic questions here either - some things are pretty similar.

The Toecutter 12-20-2018 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by JimBlake (Post 383502)
There's another forum "hondacivicforum.com" you might try. But don't be afraid to ask Civic questions here either - some things are pretty similar.

Yeah, I'm a member there too, but I'm not very active there, as are other members on there. You could also try "hondatech.com" too.
But I was thinking that Civics are similar to Accords, since the Civic is the Accord's baby brother. ;)