Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   Honda Newbie (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/honda-newbie-48338/)

mirandabell 06-24-2012 03:11 PM

Honda Newbie

New to the forum and owning a Honda! Just bought a 2003 Accord Coupe EX-L. 2.4 5-spd. And I love her! Joined to learn more about the car and what others have experienced with owning the car!!!

redbull-1 06-24-2012 04:59 PM

Welcome to the forums. :)

Having the 5-speed is good. A few automatics sometimes have issues ("few").

The 4 cylinder has a timing chain, which normally does not require replacement, which is good.

For the 4 cylinder, do regular oil changes and check the oil level regularly. Infrequent oil changes or low oil levels can cause timing/cam chain to wear and stretch, which can cause the timing to jump and cause other damage to your engine. Some Accords, like any other make or model, can have oil consumption problems; not all; but, something to check for.

Generally, the car is not known for any major problems.

If you have any questions regarding your car or have any problems pop up (little or big), just post in the General Tech Help section and we can try to help. Even some little things, such as the center console pocket not staying closed or not opening, are sometimes common and have solutions.

DerekWildstar 06-24-2012 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by mirandabell (Post 286508)
New to the forum and owning a Honda! Just bought a 2003 Accord Coupe EX-L. 2.4 5-spd. And I love her! Joined to learn more about the car and what others have experienced with owning the car!!!

Welcome to the forums. I have the same car, but with the V6 instead of the four-cylinder. Do you have any pics of your car? Of so, post them in the photos section!

Just broke 153k today, and the car still runs well. It's only ever left me on the side of the road once, when the EGR valve got dirty and caused the car to stall during deceleration. It's got the occasional squeak from the interior trim, and as with any higher-mileage car, there are the occasional parts that need replacing, but it's a great long-distance car, and it responds well when I want to drive with some oomph.

Redbull's recommendations were all good. Keep up with the maintenance schedule, and it should be good to go for a long time.

mirandabell 06-26-2012 11:09 AM

posted one pic... For some reason it is only allowing me to do it from my phone!!! Thanks for the info guys!!!!

redbull-1 06-26-2012 11:59 AM

If you want, check out College Hills Honda for some accessories. Although, many of the same items can also be acquired through other internet Honda dealer too.

However, College Hills Honda will sometimes acquire a few Honda accessories from overseas Honda distributors that are not generally available in the U.S. (for example, a different Honda grille or different lighted door sills) or modify some existing Honda accessory to add different functionality.

WheelBrokerAng 06-27-2012 01:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by mirandabell (Post 286766)
posted one pic... For some reason it is only allowing me to do it from my phone!!! Thanks for the info guys!!!!

Welcome to the HAF new member..where you at.?

WheelBrokerAng :)

my1st.honda93 07-02-2012 04:26 AM

welcome!always nice to see 1 more join in the fun!but even nicer to see another having interest in this knowledge i like to call the home mechanic.
welcome aboard!

WheelBrokerAng 07-02-2012 12:23 PM

Hi There New Member

Originally Posted by mirandabell (Post 286508)

:) Welcome to the HAf..lots of people with loads of info in here.
You can also use the search and FAQ buttond towards the top..

WheelBrokerAng :)

mirandabell 07-04-2012 02:50 PM

Ang.. I am in Panama City Florida...

WheelBrokerAng 07-06-2012 01:06 PM

Here's Something For You

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by mirandabell (Post 287914)
Ang.. I am in Panama City Florida...

I thought you might like this picture of a car :)

WheelBrokerAng
click the image 2x's