New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Intro -Jools from Vic. Oz

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 05:44 PM
Default Intro -Jools from Vic. Oz

Hi fellers. I'm Jools, from Greendale in Victoria, Oz, my Honda is a '93 Accord, which I got at about 80,000 ks from a mate, it's first owner, and have taken it to about 450,000 ks.
It's not missed a beat (despite minimal servicing by me), apart from a failed fuel pump it's never let me down. Brilliant thing I reckon. Never parked under cover. still scrubs up nicely, though the clearcoat on the roof is starting to deteriorate.
I'm currently looking at buying a '90 Prelude as a fun/project car that I can put on Club plates (Cheap registration for older that 25 years cars). I'd be interested to learn anything particular I should look out for when inspecting it. I can 'cover' most things, but the 4W Steering is new to me,
How reliable / bullet proof is the 4WS? The Prelude is 2 litre Auto, -how will the performance compare with my 4 cyl Auto Accord? Prelude slightly smaller motor but lighter car. TBH I'd prefer a manual Prelude but they are a bit thin on the ground.
Looking forward to learning plenty and also contributing on this forum.
Cheers.

Old 02-16-2019, 03:10 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by jools
Hi fellers. I'm Jools, from Greendale in Victoria, Oz, my Honda is a '93 Accord, which I got at about 80,000 ks from a mate, it's first owner, and have taken it to about 450,000 ks.
It's not missed a beat (despite minimal servicing by me), apart from a failed fuel pump it's never let me down. Brilliant thing I reckon. Never parked under cover. still scrubs up nicely, though the clearcoat on the roof is starting to deteriorate.
I'm currently looking at buying a '90 Prelude as a fun/project car that I can put on Club plates (Cheap registration for older that 25 years cars). I'd be interested to learn anything particular I should look out for when inspecting it. I can 'cover' most things, but the 4W Steering is new to me,
How reliable / bullet proof is the 4WS? The Prelude is 2 litre Auto, -how will the performance compare with my 4 cyl Auto Accord? Prelude slightly smaller motor but lighter car. TBH I'd prefer a manual Prelude but they are a bit thin on the ground.
Looking forward to learning plenty and also contributing on this forum.
Cheers.
Welcome. I couldn't tell you much about the 4W steering, but it's cool to look at at car shows.A for performance, it should be close to your Accord, but it might be a hair slower due the extra weight.