New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Loving 98% of My New 2018 Accord

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 01:43 PM
Default Loving 98% of My New 2018 Accord

I'm a new owner (today is one month!) of a 2018 Accord EX. With one exception, I love everything about this car: the way it looks, the technology, the classy interior, the display, the driver assistance, etc., etc., ... you know what I'm talking about.

The one exception is the ride comfort. On the open road, I love how this car handles and the ride is great. City streets are a different story. On city streets I literally get tossed off my seat by road imperfections and occasionally the car gives me a sharp 'kick' that I can feel deep inside. Is this really how the Accord rides in the city? Will I just have to suck it up and get used to it? My test drive wasn't like this!

Old 08-17-2018, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

Different choice of wheels & tires on your car vs. what you test-drove??

It's only a month old. You should be able to go back to the dealer & compare against other Accords.

Old 08-17-2018, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by RevIt
I'm a new owner (today is one month!) of a 2018 Accord EX. With one exception, I love everything about this car: the way it looks, the technology, the classy interior, the display, the driver assistance, etc., etc., ... you know what I'm talking about.

The one exception is the ride comfort. On the open road, I love how this car handles and the ride is great. City streets are a different story. On city streets I literally get tossed off my seat by road imperfections and occasionally the car gives me a sharp 'kick' that I can feel deep inside. Is this really how the Accord rides in the city? Will I just have to suck it up and get used to it? My test drive wasn't like this!
A few things I've seen on new cars which can very negatively affect the ride:
  1. Spring blocks left in to prevent bounce during transit from the factory. These are supposed to be removed during predelivery.
  2. Tire pressure not reduced to the recommended level. Here again, during transit from the factory, tire pressure is cranked way up to help prevent bounce.

I've heard of the former, but never actually seen the spring blocks, however, I have taken delivery of not one but two cars over the years where the tire pressure was WAY too high and made the car very rough and often difficult to control.

As a suggestion, check and adjust the tire pressure, and if that doesn't fix your car, go to the dealership and have them look at it. At the same time, ask to drive another similar Accord and see if it has the issue.

Old 10-28-2018, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by JimBlake
Different choice of wheels & tires on your car vs. what you test-drove??

It's only a month old. You should be able to go back to the dealer & compare against other Accords.
the low profile 19's on my new Accord are different and unfamiliar to me. Im sure I'll get used to it, and bend some rims

Old 10-29-2018, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator

Your description in the first post sounded exactly like the difference you'd expect when changing to larger-diameter wheels with lower-profile tires. Did they not have a car with 19" wheels for you to test-drive before you bought yours?