Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   My first Honda! (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/my-first-honda-62592/)

Klavier 11-27-2015 12:32 PM

My first Honda!

2 Attachment(s)
I just bought a 2016 Accord Touring Edition in Lunar Silver--wow! I far prefer it to my previous 2007 BMW 328. It's at least as powerful, but it's far more comfortable and quiet, not to mention all the electronic safety controls.

Attachment 17098

Attachment 17099

I have a question: Is it possible to hook up an I-Phone 6 and an I-Pod Touch via Bluetooth? I can only connect one or the other, it seems, unless I'm doing something wrong. Any suggestions?

poorman212 11-27-2015 01:48 PM

Thanks for joining.....and congrats on the new car.

I got something like the "black thing" parked infront of it :)

I have a dumb old flip phone so I can't answer the phone part....My phone tech person, the wife, isn't home right now or I would ask her.

Not sure if the 16 Accord is like the 16 Pilot but in the Pilot I use one of the USB ports for the ipod and she has her phone (brand ?) hooked up via bluetooth. On the Pilot there are at least three USB ports to the front of the car so there are no worries about not having one.

How do you like the 6 speed (paddle shifters) in the car so far?

Klavier 11-27-2015 02:06 PM

The USB works fine--I'd just prefer a wireless connection.

The Touring model doesn't have paddle shifters...at least mine doesn't. I think those are on the Sport model.

Frugalhondaguy 11-27-2015 02:26 PM

Welcome to the Honda forum. The car looks great!

Hope you have many trouble free and enjoyable miles in your car. I have a 2000 EX with 212K miles. Other than routine maintenance, the car purrs along without any issues.

poorman212 11-27-2015 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Klavier (Post 365009)
The USB works fine--I'd just prefer a wireless connection.

The Touring model doesn't have paddle shifters...at least mine doesn't. I think those are on the Sport model.

Humm....I guess I read the booklet wrong, I took the 16 Pilot in it's first oil change a while back and while I was there I picked up the "sales booklet" for the 16 Accord's....and checked a few out as I might go for one :shrug:....and it it, it said the Touring V6 came with the "6 speed with sport mode and paddle shifters....live and learn.

EDIT: Are you in the US or Canada?

Klavier 11-27-2015 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by poorman212 (Post 365011)
Humm....I guess I read the booklet wrong, I took the 16 Pilot in it's first oil change a while back and while I was there I picked up the "sales booklet" for the 16 Accord's....and checked a few out as I might go for one :shrug:....and it it, it said the Touring V6 came with the "6 speed with sport mode and paddle shifters....live and learn.

EDIT: Are you in the US or Canada?

I'm in the US. I didn't care for them on my BMW, so I'm not sorry I don't have them now!

poorman212 11-27-2015 03:30 PM

Yea, know what you mean. Had the Pilot for ~5 months and only "played" with them a few times.

In the "Audio Section" you might want to ask your question - KHA is pretty up to date on audio types of questions.

Again, congrats and that is a very nice looking ride.

Klavier 11-27-2015 04:59 PM

Will do, thanks.

WheelBrokerAng 11-28-2015 12:54 AM

Welcome To The Forums..

2 Attachment(s)
Hello New member and welcome to the HAF..

WheelBrokerAng :)

leftoverture 11-28-2015 09:53 AM

Welcome and congrats on the new Honda. Looks sharp and I'm sure you will enjoy it for years to come.