New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Maintenance Minder a rip off with the extras

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 02:31 PM
Default Maintenance Minder a rip off with the extras

Hello,

I tried searching for this, but unable to find information.

Do you have to follow all the maintenance minder codes. Of course the regular oil changes and fluid changes, but the inspection is costly. I had the B1, and to me it seemed like a waste of money. I see the other codes and I can rotate tires myself and they would charge 34 bucks. WTH.

So are there minimums that keep the warranty valid, or you have to follow that MM??

I have do a regular search and having a hard time finding that information. I have seen shows on TV, saying how they are a rip off, that you just need to do the standard maintenance. So what is right?

Thank you,

Old 10-08-2018, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator

Long story short, if you miss a recommended service while under the warranty period, and the dealership/manufacturer can show just cause why the service would have prevented any given repair which would have been covered by the warranty, then you may be out of pocket for that specific repair. That said, the likelihood of such a skipped service causing a failure within the warranty period is somewhere between slim and none.

Old 10-08-2018, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

The other side of the question is around whether it's a "skipped" service when you actually do the service yourself. It might get into a documentation issue where you might have to provide receipts for purchasing oil & filters, or ATF, or something like that.

I always have followed the maintenance minder, but doing it myself. Not just oil changes, but trans-fluid, brake-fluid, & all the other stuff.

What car do you have? Between the Hondas that we & our kids have owned, the maintenance-minder lists have been in the owners manual package. But they're in one of the smaller books, like warranty or something.