Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   New to HAF (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/new-haf-66612/)

NMinop 04-02-2019 10:36 PM

New to HAF

Just saying hello, new member here. Looking forward to getting to know the site and people. I have a '15 accord ex-l (6 cyl.), 53k miles that I got August of this last year. Had a not-so-great experience at driveaccord - good information and mostly nice people - just didn't like the rudeness of a particular moderator, and got the hammer when defending another member who was being insulted for his thread. Not the smartest move in the world I know, and not saying I made the right decisions in saying anything at all, but I'm an adult and don't think anyone (much less a moderator who should be there to help) should talk down to people who may not be as forum- or car-experienced.

I don't mean to start anything, and I know some members (and probably mods) from DA are members here as well. I will still be using that forum (from afar) as a resource for getting to know more about a car I enjoy more and more every day. Hope to have a good experience here, learn a few things here and there, and maybe give some advice where I can. Feel free to close thread if it turns for the worse, not my intention for it.

A few things I plan on doing here in the new future:

- My car's first ATF fluid change on Thursday - trivial, but I'm excited to do it and been doing my homework for a little.
- RSB upgrade - still determining the best route to go, but pretty sure it's something I want to do.

Best regards,
Nicholas

The Toecutter 04-05-2019 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by NMinop (Post 384721)
Just saying hello, new member here. Looking forward to getting to know the site and people. I have a '15 accord ex-l (6 cyl.), 53k miles that I got August of this last year. Had a not-so-great experience at driveaccord - good information and mostly nice people - just didn't like the rudeness of a particular moderator, and got the hammer when defending another member who was being insulted for his thread. Not the smartest move in the world I know, and not saying I made the right decisions in saying anything at all, but I'm an adult and don't think anyone (much less a moderator who should be there to help) should talk down to people who may not be as forum- or car-experienced.

I don't mean to start anything, and I know some members (and probably mods) from DA are members here as well. I will still be using that forum (from afar) as a resource for getting to know more about a car I enjoy more and more every day. Hope to have a good experience here, learn a few things here and there, and maybe give some advice where I can. Feel free to close thread if it turns for the worse, not my intention for it.

A few things I plan on doing here in the new future:

- My car's first ATF fluid change on Thursday - trivial, but I'm excited to do it and been doing my homework for a little.
- RSB upgrade - still determining the best route to go, but pretty sure it's something I want to do.

Best regards,
Nicholas

Welcome to HAF. Look around and hang out for a while. There's more and more newer Accord owners joining lately.