Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   New Member (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/new-member-387/)

tim00100 04-14-2005 09:57 PM

Hey what's up everyone. I just joined today. I just bought a 2004 V6 Honda Accord w/ navigation system and I want to put a cold air intake in it. I could only find 3 brands: AEM, Injen, & K&N. Can anyone recomend one? I'm not sure what's the difference between them and which one adds more HP. Also, can someone recomend any websites to buy this stuff from? I also want to upgrade the exhaust and the manifold. I olny found two different brands of exhaust: Apexi & Tanabe. Can anyone tell me which one is better for adding HP.

remington870_20ga 04-14-2005 11:14 PM

RE: New Member

AEM man... BUT go to ebay and score a el cheapo intake and then go out and get a nice filter such as K&N. Its the same thing... there is no difference from the knock offs and the real brands...well, maybe like .2 horses

WheelBrokerAng 04-29-2005 08:38 AM

Hi Tim...there are a lot of makes out there that will fill your bill and give you a quick shot of ponies for that car...

Cold air intakes are longer , so they get the tube furthur away from the engine, therefore keeping the air cooler so that is where you get the best breathing for your Honda..

By the way Welcome to the Forums where you'll meet a lot of nice people...

WheelBrokerAng[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Patrick 04-29-2005 01:53 PM

but between an AEM and a cheapo CAI, is the filter...one mandrel bent pipe is no different from the next...aside from the price tag..my cheapo, after buying a K&N cone filter, was still about 200 bucks cheaper than the AEM

Evlampius 05-03-2005 01:44 AM

ORIGINAL: tim00100

Hey what's up everyone. I just joined today. I just bought a 2004 V6 Honda Accord w/ navigation system and I want to put a cold air intake in it. I could only find 3 brands: AEM, Injen, & K&N. Can anyone recomend one? I'm not sure what's the difference between them and which one adds more HP. Also, can someone recomend any websites to buy this stuff from? I also want to upgrade the exhaust and the manifold. I olny found two different brands of exhaust: Apexi & Tanabe. Can anyone tell me which one is better for adding HP.
K&N no questions

jayhova804 05-03-2005 09:26 AM

I am an AEM fan curently i have the AEM v2 and I love it:D

6thgen 05-03-2005 11:18 AM

Comptech Icebox good, but pricey. OEM-ish.

Thekidd 05-04-2005 11:30 AM

well.. it doesnt matter what kind of cold air or short ram intake that you put into your car. Its just a pipe that connects to an air filter. The brand doesnt mean anything, any brand makes that cool sound that everyone hears.

jayhova804 05-04-2005 12:42 PM

Imma try and get a sound clip of my intake has anyone else heard the V2? it seriously sounds like an angry elephant running at you

Evlampius 05-04-2005 02:17 PM

ORIGINAL: jayhova804

Imma try and get a sound clip of my intake has anyone else heard the V2? it seriously sounds like an angry elephant running at you
haha :D that's scary , dude!