Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   New Member New Car! (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/new-member-new-car-57445/)

djaycardona 11-24-2013 04:44 PM

New Member New Car!

Hey Guys I Recently turned 17 and saved up to purchase my first car. My whole life i wanted my first car to be a project car that i put my blood,sweat and tears into . That way when its done. I can feel the pride in knowing that its my baby. And i worked on it. With that being said I Bought a 1994 Accord Dx For 1600. I got it from a friend whos father barley drove it. It only has 93000!!! Miles on it. Which i loved. Plus the interior was clean and beautiful. All it needed was a paint job because the clear coat was peeling (of course after all these years) . Now ive never been that into cars but now that i have my own i really wanna get into it. Do you guys have any advise on what i can do to make it look nicer? What size wheels. Body Kits Etc!!?!??! Thanks for the help sorry for making this so long. I just want to make my new car the best it can be.

live2rice 11-24-2013 07:24 PM

when it comes to modifying cars it is always best to figure out what your goals are first, such as will it be a show car, a drag car, auto-x, weekend cruiser etc. Then the next most important thing is to look at your budget.

ahhh! 11-24-2013 09:41 PM

Couldn't of said it any better^

WheelBrokerAng 11-25-2013 01:35 AM

Once you have the money, then you can let your mind go crazy with everything..

By the way New Member...Welcome to the HAF..Glad to have you with us. :)

poorman212 11-25-2013 06:01 PM

Welcome to HAF.

As stated, you need to "plan with the end in mind".

In the meantime and no matter what you decide to do, you need to check and take care of the normal stuff....check the brakes, suspension, change the fluids - you also need to find out if and when the timing belt was last changed.

djaycardona 11-26-2013 03:59 PM

We'll budget isn't really isn't a problem , ( not because I'm a spoiled brat) I actually own my own sneaker business down here in south jersey. Selling Jordan's and Nikes. I Guess I was a drag car because down here on the black horse pike. We always half red light races. That go down about half a mile. I don't want a rice burner but I have this love for body kits. Not the fast and furious ones. But just ones that add some flare. I've checked car id. But before I buy any I wanted to know if any of you guys recommend a site that has good deals. I'll post some pics of the ones I'm looking at. And of the car at the moment. Thanks for your replies. I love the community in this forum

poorman212 11-26-2013 05:26 PM

Can't help much with body kits and that, sorry just something I never got into.

As for mod's to the engine, again you are going to have to look/search around and figure out where you want to go.

I hope the car is a manual trans? If not, part of your plans will be a manual swap.....the auto trans is solid in this gen Accord but if you are going to add any kind of power....well it won't hold up to that.