New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New from Nevada

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 08:45 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by JimBlake
2004 V-6 has a timing belt, 2004 4-cyl has a chain. I just wasn't sure which engine you had.

Some Honda dealers seem to use the term "flush" when they actually do a drain/fill. But be careful that it isn't a power-flushing machine like some other shops might use.
And regardless of the capacity, always use the transmission dipstick to check the level after you're all done. (same with the engine oil)
Yeah. I definitely used the term wrong. I had in mind a similar method to what @Shipo stated.

Old 12-03-2018, 06:41 PM
Newest Of Newbies

So on the lather, rinse and repeat method. I need a total of nine quarts and a crush washer? And is Honda ATF-DW1 the correct fluid?

Old 12-03-2018, 06:48 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by Lateralus
So on the lather, rinse and repeat method. I need a total of nine quarts and a crush washer? And is Honda ATF-DW1 the correct fluid?
Scratch that...12?

Old 12-03-2018, 08:10 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Lateralus

Scratch that...12?
Nine quarts and three crush washers.

Old 12-03-2018, 10:19 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Roger that. Thanks again.

I have an appointment with the dealer tomorrow morning for the timing belt and all the items recommended by @Shipo. As well as the new key, possibly two. Depends on incremental cost.

Side note I checked the cabin air filter today. It looked like the inside of a nasty vacuum cleaner bag. Gross. Obviously the previous owner didn’t know it had one. Or didn’t care. Good lord.

Old 12-04-2018, 08:49 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Heard back from dealer. They had the car all day and finished too late for me to pick up. Repairs were all completed and uneventful. They did me a solid and went over it with a bit more scrutiny since I explained it was for my son and his first car. The only issue they found that I didn’t was a broken rear motor mount. I think I’m going to try to tackle this one myself and save a few hundred. Now to scour the forum for a thread on this subject.

Old 12-05-2018, 05:57 AM
Super Moderator

The mount is vacuum-operated to get soft when idling in-gear. So there's vacuum hoses & a solenoid to switch it. I think that's for both the front and rear mounts. So look for cracked/leaking vacuum hoses etc.

Old 12-05-2018, 09:55 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Will do. Thanks.