Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   no spark, no fuel? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/no-spark-no-fuel-66812/)

Slammed92Acoord 06-12-2019 12:00 AM

no spark, no fuel?

Any ideas why i wouldnt have no spark nor any fuel? Fuel pump doesnt turn on with key to on position. While replacing engine i broke both sensors on side of head under the distributor. Would this cause car not to have spark or fuel? Also what are the two sensors name on side of head? And what are they for ? 92accord5sp2.2l LX Thanks

The Toecutter 06-12-2019 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Slammed92Acoord (Post 385631)
Any ideas why i wouldnt have no spark nor any fuel? Fuel pump doesnt turn on with key to on position. While replacing engine i broke both sensors on side of head under the distributor. Would this cause car not to have spark or fuel? Also what are the two sensors name on side of head? And what are they for ? 92accord5sp2.2l LX Thanks

My first thought is you forgot to connect the G101 ground (main ground for the ECU). That alone will cause no fuel pump, and a no start.

Slammed92Acoord 06-12-2019 04:15 PM

yea it was the ground at the thermostat housing. but still would like to know the name of the two sensors at the side of head under the distributor? thanks

Slammed92Acoord 06-12-2019 04:54 PM

Another thing is the oil light flashes here and there while on the gas.??? What could cause this?

Casper Young 06-14-2019 01:31 PM

Two sensors under the distributor, one has a single red wire is the temperture gauge. The one to the left of that has two wires, look green and white to me) is the coolant temp for ecu. Yours may be slightly different than my 91 (wire colors that is). However the 2.2 engine is the same 91 through 96.

hondaslave1342 06-14-2019 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Casper Young (Post 385651)
Two sensors under the distributor, one has a single red wire is the temperture gauge. The one to the left of that has two wires, look green and white to me) is the coolant temp for ecu. Yours may be slightly different than my 91 (wire colors that is). However the 2.2 engine is the same 91 through 96.

90-97 2.2 f22

Slammed92Acoord 06-18-2019 11:49 AM

ok thanks for the info really helped. What could possibly cause my oil to smell like gas? Could it be my injectors?

The Toecutter 06-18-2019 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Slammed92Acoord (Post 385714)
ok thanks for the info really helped. What could possibly cause my oil to smell like gas? Could it be my injectors?

Yup. If they're firing while you have no spark, the unburned fuel will seep past the rings and into the crankcase.

Slammed92Acoord 06-18-2019 01:40 PM

my gas pedal feels like it sticks at times i tighten the nuts on cable and yea sometimes going down road maybe coming to a stop car acts like its flooding, gas odor is strong inside car. How do you fix it? Something i can buy to spray in there to maybe unstick the injectors? Also when i installed the engine it kind of started on a "dry" start because i forgot to pour oil on the cam and so forth. Now engine has a slight "knock" on cold starts then goes away when warms up. Guy told me my bearing may have got damaged when it started "dry"??