Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   Took too long to do this... (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/took-too-long-do-9153/)

gtucker4 04-25-2007 12:00 AM

Took too long to do this...

Hey folks, I've had my two '06 EX-V64 drAutosfor about a year now, and I don't know why I'm just now joining, so please forgive me. I drive a Sapphire Blue one(I'm a Virgo...corny, I know...), and my wife has an Alabaster Silver one. I've got a few projects in mind, so I'm going to post some pics of the cars bone stock inside and out, and then the finished projects. I was considering trading in our cars for a pair of Mustangs, especially the one for me, because I've always wanted a car with my initials on it(GT), and red's my favorite color. I've been thinking about holding on to the Hondas though, and I've really only got two things to ask about. Ok, maybe three...[8D]First, I'm going to get the Metra 99-7864, and the dual zone wiring harness to go with it. Reason being, I want 5.1 surround in the car, and I'd like to replace the radio, and put a center channel speaker in that pocket below, where most people put an aftermarket radio. Has anyone done this before, and how does the system sound with a dedicated center in the mix? Also, it seems like there's NO aftermarket support for the V6 from what I've been able to look into, what's out there to get a little closer to the 300hp mark besides Nitrous, and who makes it? And finally, I've been looking at the Konig Hotswap wheels, but I'm curious in the offset you guys would recommend. Thanks in advance for any help I can get, and I'm glad to finally join the fam!

WheelBrokerAng 04-25-2007 02:38 AM

RE: Took too long to do this...

Its never too late to join up ..Thank You for joining up !

WheelBrokerAng ;)

live2rice 04-25-2007 02:47 AM

ORIGINAL: gtucker4

I've always wanted a car with my initials on it(GT)
could always get a porshe.........or a nsx gt? perhaps your wifes initals are nsx, then you kill 2 birds with one stone.

but i'm just saying that cause i dont like mustangs, but to each his own.

welcome to the forums, and i'm sure someone else will help you answer your serious questions.

sir_nasty 04-25-2007 07:40 PM

A center channel for straight audio is kind of pointless a lot of times.... if you're doing movies/surround it's the single most important speaker in the whole setup but for audio unless you listen to digitally mixed techno it's really not neccessary.... to back this up I'll site car audio competitions, if it made a big difference they'd all do it...

gtucker4 04-26-2007 02:37 PM

Yeah, it's mainly for movie viewing I'd be doing on long road trips, or when I don't want to spend my lunch break inside the job. I happen to like the Pro Logic II functions for music listening, but the DTS Neo effects don't impress me as much...