Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

comptech supercharger on 2000 accord ex v6

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 11:09 AM
Question comptech supercharger on 2000 accord ex v6

i'd really like to have a comptech supercharger installed on my 2000 accord. my questions are:
1. 155,000 m on engine-will this much stress detonate the engine?

2. transmission cooler required?
3. cost effective?
4. excessive tire wear?

Old 04-24-2013, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JPF1V
i'd really like to have a comptech supercharger installed on my 2000 accord. my questions are:

3. cost effective?
4. excessive tire wear?
First things first; tire wear will be the least of your worries.

Assuming you have a tune properly done then the engine should hold up pretty well; the transmission is a different story entirely, and while the addition of a cooler may add a couple of extra miles, it will still be a matter of when (and how often) it will blow, and not "if".

Regarding the cost effectiveness, between the initial cost for parts, labor, and programming, the rather dramatic reduction in resale value of the car, and all of the extra maintenance you'll incur (you know, like changing the tranny every so often), I rather doubt it will even be close to being cost effective. As I tell most folks with an itch for a faster car, it will cost you far less to sell your car and buy something designed from the get-go to be faster.

How about an Acura TL-S? Not fast enough; how about a MazdaSpeed6 or maybe even a 540i? Still not fast enough; how about an M5? I suspect all but maybe the used M5 will cost you considerably less than what it would cost to make your Accord faster.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:23 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Going to have to agree with shipo on everything he said. I had a 2001 Accord V6 I too was looking at the comptech supercharger and seeing as it was the only supercharger on the market for my accord I said what the hell. After doing some research and actually meeting someone at a car meet (by chance lol) they said if they could they would've saved the money. I mean is 50-60hp really worth 2k?? plus all the extra stress on your tranny which could lead to a problem down the road, I personally think its silly looking back on it. Anyways I came to my senses and traded in my accord for a Lancer Evo in which I am very pleased with.

The choice is yours alone my friend.

Good Luck

Old 04-25-2013, 11:28 AM

OKAY,i get it. save my money.however, being that this a forum for honda accords,i actually was hopeing for some ideas on how to make my accord fast, not advice on buying a different make and model car.any ideas about increasing hp, rather than weight reduction would be helpful. but if i DID go with another car,i'd be looking at an s2000, or a z4. in 1985 i bought a 1985 maxda rx-7 gsl-se, brand new. that was a really fun car, except for the weight(or lack of) over 100mph, and the obvious steering torque.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

Short of transplanting (at significant time and expense) the engine and drivetrain from a TL (or better still a TL-S), there really isn't much you can do to improve the performance of your car AND keep it reliable (thinking about the transmission here).

One suggestion I've heard involves replacing the cam shafts with those from the TL engine, that said, I seriously doubt such a move would gain you even five-percent more usable power.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:52 AM

got it. as is, my accord has proven itself to be pretty bulletproof, except for the tranny,which i had rebuilt.i lowered it 2 in, with eibach lowering sport springs and sport sway bars, and koni adjustable sport shocks.i went with Megan headers,large dia pipe,and apexi ws2 mufflers and ingen short ram. wheels are american racing 17in villians,with bf goodrich Gforce KDW 215 45's. so, what do you think?have i gone as far as i can go without destoying honda reliability?

Old 06-18-2013, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by JPF1V

3. cost effective?
4. excessive tire wear?
so let me guess you also want 100 miles to the gallon, it to last you through your kids, and make panties drop all in the same package... figure out what you want. if you want performance you design the engine around the needs.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:21 AM

The weak spot on 6th Gen V6s is the auto transmissions. You can do a CL/TL Type S 6-speed swaps, but you might as well throw in the engine too. I have a friend with a CL-S swap pushing 260hp (to the wheels, not crank) with bolt-ons (intake, larger throttle body, ported intake manifold, headers, exhaust) and a tune. That engine definitely livened up the car.

But if you are willing to spend the money, go for the supercharger. It will be fun. If you do, I'd suggest slightly building the engine for boost, just to keep it reliable. Plus you might make more power. And a 6-speed swap. I doubt the auto would last very long.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:00 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by Honda01Accord
Going to have to agree with shipo on everything he said. I had a 2001 Accord V6 I too was looking at the comptech supercharger and seeing as it was the only supercharger on the market for my accord I said what the hell. After doing some research and actually meeting someone at a car meet (by chance lol) they said if they could they would've saved the money. I mean is 50-60hp really worth 2k?? plus all the extra stress on your tranny which could lead to a problem down the road, I personally think its silly looking back on it. Anyways I came to my senses and traded in my accord for a Lancer Evo in which I am very pleased with.

The choice is yours alone my friend.

Good Luck
Hey I was looking into a LAN Evo since I have a 2001 coupe v6 was it a nice change with the speed and AWD