Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-13/)
-   -   anyone know where i can get a supercharger or turbo for my car? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-13/anyone-know-where-i-can-get-supercharger-turbo-my-car-1111/)

thunder_x 10-07-2005 02:04 AM

anyone know where i can get a supercharger or turbo for my car?

i drive an automatic honda accord 91 and i wanna get a super charger or turbo for it, but i dont know where i can buy
and another question is...
out of the two, which is better, a super charger or turbo?

thanks.......

radmar1 10-07-2005 03:28 PM

RE: anyone know where i can get a supercharger or turbo for my car?

well you can get either of them anyplace, such as ebay, or in magazines they have tons of web sites in them like super street or honda tuning

For which one that you want, well you have to decide what you want, the supercharger will give you power right away off the line but will kind of die out after 4-5000 rpms depending on the blower you go with. For the turbo setup your going to have some turbo leg depending on the size of your turbo, the smaller the turbo the sooner it will spool up, and turbo's last longer into higher rpms

so just figure out what is more important to you

WheelBrokerAng 10-08-2005 02:57 PM

Hi again..
look below your post in here and you will see a couple of related websites on most subjects that you may be asking about..all are there for all of us in the forum to utalize...

Good Luck..
SuperChargers for me for Quick off the line Performance....

WheelBrokerAng
:D

ORIGINAL: thunder_x

i drive an automatic honda accord 91 and i wanna get a super charger or turbo for it, but i dont know where i can buy
and another question is...
out of the two, which is better, a super charger or turbo?

thanks.......

chile 12-18-2005 12:50 AM

www.homemadeturbo.com

you can cannibalize dsm parts to build your own....

lightshow 01-07-2006 11:48 PM

canni'ing some parts is the best idea and the cheapest. take a bunch of stuff off a 2g mits eclipse and stuff will be real cheap at a junkyard

lightshow

zelseman 01-11-2006 02:54 AM

turbonetics.com

zelseman 01-13-2006 12:43 AM

i withdraw my last post, id say spend ur money on a 5spd swap first. Ive driven both turbo autos, and turbo 5 spds, and the manual is faster, and alot funner, but thats just me.

Deleted User 01-13-2006 01:16 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

lightshow 01-13-2006 03:35 AM

but would you rather have an auto, or a turbo auto? turbo autos are the ****. i hate autos but if i were to have one, it better be turbo. when your on the freeway and you want to pass. just reach down into the spool, theres no reason for the tranny to upshift, all the power you could ever want is right on tap.

lightshow

lightshow 01-13-2006 03:38 AM

hey 91. there are a few companies that make superchargers for the 91 accord, my favorite is powerdyne because it doesnt need to be oiled. and a quick shift with a manual is about 50 millisconds, a quick shift for an auto.....is about 500, so autos are actually much slower in shifting. but now race autos are different as are the sequential gear boxes, they shift very quick.

lightshow