Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-13/)
-   -   Should i buy? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-13/should-i-buy-4345/)

ncsgoofy 08-03-2006 03:27 PM

Should i buy?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-02...QQcmdZViewItem

I dont know much about turbos, looks like all i need is a manifold. Ill replace the BOV with a raptor later, and maybe replace the turbo. Comments...

sir_nasty 08-03-2006 04:44 PM

RE: Should i buy?

I'm not turbo genius but I'm concerned since guys here are piecing together kits for $1500.00 which is a good price but this guy is selling it for $480 without the manifold/down pipe ($400.00 part or so...) and a cheap wastegate from what I can see... Also, he's got a decent amount of bad feedback about shipping and a few people who recieved the wrong item, returned it and appear to not ever have recieved the proper item... I'd call him first and get in touch with them to find out what the catch is.... I'm a skeptic and typically when something looks to good to be true it is...

ncsgoofy 08-03-2006 04:48 PM

Has anyone put a turbo kit in the 90-93 f22a1's? I look at the engine compartment, ive got to say it'll be tight.

sir_nasty 08-03-2006 04:53 PM

check out this post:
https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/m_12332/tm.htm

PM a few of those guys... I can't recall what cars they have but there's is turboed... Also, on that turbo kit it may not be to far off since your downpipe and manifold could put you up to about $600.00 more... so the kit, a decent wastegate and controller plus the downpipe and manifold you may be at $1200.00 or so... definitly PM those guys though they've done it firsthand.

ncsgoofy 08-03-2006 04:58 PM

I looking to just put 6-8 psi through, just for fun. Would the wastegate and controller due, or should i really just go with quailty parts?

marbro 08-03-2006 08:05 PM

ok first, the wastegate is a good one, its basically the lowest turbosmart wastegate out there, 35mm but its a solid wastegate and i think mbo has been running with it the whole time, but it will have a 15 psi spring in it.... i got the wastegate,bov, fmic, and charge piping for a guy with the exact same layout nothing wrong with the charge piping that i got other then the clamps were too big, oh.... and it looks thicker cause of the paint lol, but you still have to spend about 50 bucks to have the bov flange welded on. the manifold would cost about 300 and the downpipe about 250 you would need the turbo to manifold screws, and the turbo to downpipe screws, plus 2 extra wastegate screws other then that the bov shown is a flip of the coin, as long as the valve moves, and moves easier when theres suction on the hose line, youll be fine

oh and if the turbo is as pictured, it is the same thing mbo and i have

sir_nasty 08-03-2006 08:26 PM

man it's sweet having this many people on hand with first hand knowledge.... gotta love those responses.... this isn't the fastest board out there but there is more knowledge and more accurate repsonses/fixes than ANYWHERE I've seen...

lightshow 08-03-2006 08:32 PM

yes i have installed turbos on 90-93 f22a1-4-6 before. and there are other people on the site that have too. if you have any problems with your turbo install let us know.

ncsgoofy 08-04-2006 12:27 AM

ORIGINAL: marbro
but it will have a 15 psi spring in it.... i got the wastegate,bov, fmic, and charge piping for a guy with the exact same layout nothing wrong with the charge piping that i got other then the clamps were too big, oh.... and it looks thicker cause of the paint lol, but you still have to spend about 50 bucks to have the bov flange welded on. the manifold would cost about 300 and the downpipe about 250 you would need the turbo to manifold screws, and the turbo to downpipe screws, plus 2 extra wastegate screws other then that the bov shown is a flip of the coin, as long as the valve moves, and moves easier when theres suction on the hose line, youll be fine

oh and if the turbo is as pictured, it is the same thing mbo and i have
I want to run at MOST 8 psi, would i need a new spring or...

Charging pipe?...Sorry i dont know much.

Besides the manifold ,screws, and downpipe...Anything else, like hose, etc..

ncsgoofy 08-04-2006 12:31 AM

ORIGINAL: lightshow

yes i have installed turbos on 90-93 f22a1-4-6 before. and there are other people on the site that have too. if you have any problems with your turbo install let us know.

looks like it will be really tight fit, i migh need help later on the intercooling pipe layout.