Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-13/)
-   -   A stupid question (But needs an answer) (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-13/stupid-question-but-needs-answer-12906/)

Shikaro 10-01-2007 12:17 AM

A stupid question (But needs an answer)

Please keep in mind that I am reletivly new to everything non-stock about a car.

I was wondering if a manuel transmission was needed to instal a turbo/supercharger?

stevent 10-01-2007 01:43 AM

RE: A stupid question (But needs an answer)

no, it's perferred since the manual can withstand the power when it hits the tranny unlike the auto.

falkore24 10-01-2007 08:50 AM

An auto tranny deals with a supercharger better than a turbo since there is no slam of boost, but either can be done ..... just not with a 6th gen auto since that tranny blows!

SC= better off the line, low-end power
Turbo= can make more power since it is limited to high rpm's, beter MPG

Nitrous= most power for the money. Can be used with either tranny. Proper jetting required to avoid problems.

marbro 10-01-2007 09:20 AM

OR you could do a sc turbo setup power across the band ^_^

Fenix 10-01-2007 11:25 AM

i like the sound of that marbro. that will be my next mod. ill start saving today. i also take donations, in the form of cash or turbos. so far ive got two nickles and im rubbing them together

00AccordLX5spd 10-01-2007 11:33 AM

ORIGINAL: Fenix

i like the sound of that marbro. that will be my next mod. ill start saving today. i also take donations, in the form of cash or turbos. so far ive got two nickles and im rubbing them together
ROFL! I like that! It's like I always tell my wife: "You can wish in one hand, and you can take a crap in the other, and see which one gets filled up first!"

sir_nasty 10-01-2007 11:36 AM

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

ORIGINAL: Fenix

ROFL! I like that! It's like I always tell my wife: "You can wish in one hand, and you can take a crap in the other, and see which one gets filled up first!"
I'd agree with that statement! I bet 00Accordlx would have two nickles but I think his accord is rubbing them together... either that or it already ate them....

accords own 10-01-2007 05:40 PM

what if an auto tranny (lets say my tranny) had a turbo/super/nitrous set up...could it with stand all three or no? btw, i would have a tranny cooler:D

blackex19 10-01-2007 06:26 PM

with all three it would last you 5 miles so enjoy them lol

Shikaro 10-01-2007 07:30 PM

Would a Super/nitrous be too much for an auto tranny?