Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-13/)
-   -   what turbo kit should i get (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-13/what-turbo-kit-should-i-get-37358/)

X I KUTE 01-11-2011 02:57 PM

what turbo kit should i get

I have a 1995 accord ex vtec 5 speed, i would like to get a turbo to run 10 psi max, what do you think i should get?

im open to any suggestions

thanks!!! :D

ebarrera661 01-11-2011 03:43 PM

G22 (Moderator) will be in here shortly..

g22cd5 01-11-2011 07:51 PM

stock engine?

edit - what is your power goal and price range?

clutch811 01-11-2011 09:30 PM

I believe theres only one company that makes a kit for our cars anymore. Forget the name though. Honestly I would do the research and piece together your own kit. added to what g22 asked. how many miles are on your motor/car?

corvetteking 02-02-2011 07:37 PM

I love it when people say I wanna run X amount of boost... People need to learn that it does not matter how much boost you run, as much as what size turbo to run, what kit you would like... There are several manufacturers that make turbo kits for these accords... You will need to invest in a good ems, and get a good tune, as this will have the biggest issue with adding a turbo kit to your car...

davidg99 02-27-2011 02:37 AM

Boost does actually matter!

Originally Posted by corvetteking (Post 229699)
I love it when people say I wanna run X amount of boost... People need to learn that it does not matter how much boost you run, as much as what size turbo to run, what kit you would like... There are several manufacturers that make turbo kits for these accords... You will need to invest in a good ems, and get a good tune, as this will have the biggest issue with adding a turbo kit to your car...

Knowing how much boost you want to run will help in determining what kind of turbo, BOV, wastegate and all that good stuff that you will need. Boost = Hp! The higher the boost the more HP you will make. I do agree on researching the subject so that you can put your own kit together.

abelart 03-03-2011 01:04 PM

Honda Turbo kits like accord turbo kits, CRX Turbo kits, FIT Turbo kits, Prelude Turbo kits.

g22cd5 03-05-2011 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by davidg99 (Post 232332)
Knowing how much boost you want to run will help in determining what kind of turbo, BOV, wastegate and all that good stuff that you will need. Boost = Hp! The higher the boost the more HP you will make. I do agree on researching the subject so that you can put your own kit together.

Knowing how much boost you want to run doesn’t help at all with how much power your going to make.

One turbo pushing 20psi can be equivalent to a bigger turbo pushing 12-13lbs.
As vettking said it's all about knowledge in what size turbo you want NOT how much psi you want to run.