Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   anybody get an iphone? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/anybody-get-iphone-10649/)

ckebottle 06-30-2007 01:19 PM

anybody get an iphone?

Anyone in here wait in those crazy lines to get an iphone? If so, how is the iphone? The reviews seem to be very mixed.

sir_nasty 06-30-2007 01:38 PM

RE: anybody get an iphone?

Just try to figure out who you haven't seen on here for like 5 days and they are probably the only one who had a shot at getting one.... unless you paid the $1500.00 ebay price...

Trav20 06-30-2007 03:57 PM

Gah why do people do that?! it is so stupid! I think they should only let people buy one item (instead of like 3-5)and keep track of who has them so they won't turn around and sell it on ebay for 5 times the sticker price. If I was Apple/Microsoft/Sony I would sue the people who did that...

sir_nasty 06-30-2007 04:00 PM

They limited it to two per person this time... And I surely wouldn't sue people for doing it, I got the profit I wanted, the retailer got their profit, so that was extra money I made and those people are taking the risk of getting stuck with a phone they don't want... it's extra sales.... if anything I would charge and extra 50-100% markup on the item the first day it was released then drop to the regular price the next day. So if you want to be cutting edge go for it, but you'll pay for it... It wouldn't hurt their sales any, people would still buy them...

sir_nasty 06-30-2007 04:38 PM

and the bad reviews roll in! I have seen 3 HORRIBLE reports about activation problems in the last 30 minutes on google news ticker alone... check this out....

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,13...e/article.html

don't you wish you had an iphone? Stand in line for 4 days then it takes 19 hours to activate so you can use it....

Dazed 06-30-2007 08:34 PM

Hahaha i wish i knew someone who waited tht long so i cud nag on them for the long activation wait. But it is prolly worth it. Plus im sure there will be many more upgrades for the phone in the future. Hopefully it doesnt become an I-pod item, and be difficult to use or update or do anything to (in my opinion I-pod and I-tunes were a pain)

WheelBrokerAng 06-30-2007 09:03 PM

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

Just try to figure out who you haven't seen on here for like 5 days and they are probably the only one who had a shot at getting one.... unless you paid the $1500.00 ebay price...
That is really ridicules about the price of these phones..better yet way to use that money would be to pay for 1 year of car insurance for the guys and gals under 25 years old, $1000 to $1500 will pay for a years insurance bill for them...

WheelBrokerAng ;)

Dj Insanity 07-01-2007 12:03 AM

my friend got one he showed me today... said he waited 19 hours in line to get it and then 20 min to activate it.. its pretty cool but i didnt know it was that big... thats the only thing i dont like about it.. the size is way to big.. they should make it the size of the old black and white ipods... those would be a perfect size for the iphone..

HundaAccode 07-03-2007 01:15 AM

They'll probably develop into that kind of size. But I would never buy one of those things in less I either get rich, or they drop the prices a lot. I haven't even caught on to the Ipod craze so I don't know what the hell I would do with a phone that had that, and a computer. I'm best off just making my bootleg CD's9(lol), using mycell phone I've had for the past two years, and going home/school/friends houseto use the computer.

smaglik 07-03-2007 02:22 PM

the problem with integrating everything is that when it breaks, you're truly screwed.