Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Anyone been pulled over for window tint? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/anyone-been-pulled-over-window-tint-11280/)

accords own 07-26-2007 08:15 PM

Anyone been pulled over for window tint?

I just got new window tint, and now I am so paranoid and constantly on the look-out for cops. It looks really cool, and i'm sure I will get over it. But I was curious what happens if you did get pulled over. If anyone know the California laws specifically, just let me know. Thank you.

smaglik 07-26-2007 08:30 PM

RE: Anyone been pulled over for window tint?

a friend of mine got pulled over in IL. its illegal there to have any tint on the front seat windows. he got a warning, and had to get it removed.

finch13 07-26-2007 10:32 PM

I've never heard of anyone getting puled over for it. In Cali you must have front side tint that allows at at least 70% of the light in. Any darkness can be used for the rear sides and rear window, along with a 4" strip of tint at the top of the windshield. Since you have 15% on the fronts I might be a little worried and being on the lookout for cops is never a bad thing, I'm a horrible speeder. My rule of thumb is: if I don't hit 100+MPH on the way to work I'm most likely not going to have a great day.

accords own 07-27-2007 03:38 PM

i am the same way, i speed too (not 100+, lol)...but i do speed, so i am always lookin out for cops anyway. i am checkin into a radar. they are pretty expensive though. thanks for the input guys!

smaglik 07-28-2007 07:41 PM

that is excessively fast.

finch13 07-29-2007 01:16 AM

I never drive in a manner that endangers other people though. If I break 100 it's when it's just me and a stretch of highway, there's no need to increase the risk for other people, they didn't ask for it. I was driving alongside an SUV going 110 on I-94 Friday night, but the road was clear in front of us. Otherwise I just drive traffic speed.

smaglik 07-29-2007 08:14 AM

i have driven that fast before...in fact much faster in my m3...but if anything jumps out (animal, debris, etc), you are likely dead. that's why i dont do that anymore, except the occaisonal well lit entrance ramp

accords own 07-29-2007 07:44 PM

i agree w/ smaglik!

03Sleeper 07-29-2007 10:27 PM

And that is why you speed during the day!;) (country roads, etc.)

In MD, it's illegal to have the front driver/passenger and windshield tinted, the legal limit here is 30%. My friend got away with 15% due to "astigmatism"....he even had his doctor sign a note just in case.

accords own 07-29-2007 10:41 PM

our limit in california is 70%, lol. u guys have in good in MD!