Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Commuting to College? Do some actually like it? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/commuting-college-do-some-actually-like-21916/)

tcheema 11-20-2008 04:57 PM

Commuting to College? Do some actually like it?

I currently commute to Rutgers, and alot of people I know say they could never commute. I don't really mind it, I like to come home at night during the week because no dorm or college apartment/house will ever be as comfortable as home. Also, on the weekends I'd rather go to the city than house/frat parties on campus, but I dont mind frat/ house parties. So my question is, am I the only one who feels like this? I do like to go out and party, but I'd rather live at home. Are there any other college students who actually prefer commuting out there?

falkore24 11-20-2008 05:36 PM

RE: Commuting to College? Do some actually like it?

My commute would have been 8 hours each way, so I lived in VA for school. I have a friend that commutes from Wayne to Rutgers though.

tcheema 11-20-2008 05:41 PM

Well yea I mean if you live close enough to commute everyday

j_man_honda 11-20-2008 09:42 PM

I live like 8 miles from my college and i like it. It is a lot more relaxing at night and you don't have to put up with any bull****... However i dont know many people at my school because i also leave immediately after classes and drive 30 miles to work. Im too busy to socialize these days. If i didnt have a job i would probably live on campus but i have to be working year round topay forcar parts and such haha

cjdm98 11-20-2008 09:56 PM

I live a few blocks away from school,and the traffic is hectic at all odd hours,not to mention parking.

Tippman7641 11-20-2008 10:09 PM

eh it takes me 24 mins to school via highway

live2rice 11-21-2008 01:24 AM

I live on campus, as my home is over 2 hours away, so obviously its the only logical idea. But I could see why people would like to commute, as j-man said, there is some BS you have to put up with living in a dorm, which it gets on my nerves sometimes, but you just gotta deal with it.

t00fatt 11-21-2008 10:52 AM

I still live with my parents I don't see any reason to move out. I live like if I lived on my own, me and my parents are exactly the same, lets say we have the same interests. My best friends are my parents and we chill like no other family, everyone else in Miami is too fake for my friendship.

EDIT: Oh and I go to FIU and I don't think I'm going anywhere else after b/c I don't wanna leave my mommy and daddy and their house on the water. Its always easier to deal with old people than pay bills, and I got the greatest old people I could ask for.

finch13 11-21-2008 11:05 AM

I've gone to two schools... live in the dorm at one, commuted to the other. I'd rather live in the dorm... I didn't meet anybody at the school I commuted to and it sucked.

ckebottle 11-21-2008 12:56 PM

I lived in the dorms for my undergrad. It was nice that I could roll out of bed and walk to class in 10 minutes. I lived too far to commute and be a full time student so living on campus was an easy choice. If I would have had the opportunity to live at home I probably would have not for my freshman year and maybe sophomore year. But for sure after that I would have gone back home. Four years in the dorms got really old...

I'm in grad school now and I commute 1 1/2 hours one way. It's a pain in the butt but I have a part time job out here with insurance and the place where I go to school is expensive to live. I save a lot of money by living with my parents and have not had to take out student loans yet. I do miss out on joining clubs at school and what not because I'm not willing to drive 3 hours for a 1 hour meeting. All in all I think it works out best this way in my situation.