Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Crazy Sleeper Idea (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/crazy-sleeper-idea-11463/)

sir_nasty 08-02-2007 05:16 PM

Crazy Sleeper Idea

So I've been thinking about this for a few days. How to make the "ultimate sleeper" and here's what I've come up with so far. Tell me what you guys think. I think it would look sick if done right.

The car looks stock, it can't appear to be to extreme at first, but there will be one switch under the dash that simply says "wake up" You flip the switch and it lifts up the exhaust silencer out of the way, then the turbo blow off lines will be run down behind the wheel in the front and have a small cover over it so it doesn't look like anything is there, this cover will also slide back when the switch is thrown, then the airbags lower the car to optimal stance, the dash and rear bumper will be re-done in fiberglass, each one of these pieces will have one area of it that's thin but will look normal at first, once that switch is thrown a light comes on that has a stencil in front of it that says "sleeper" so that word now shines through with illumination, the underside of the car will also be illuminated. There should also be a little sprayer that will put fluid on your tires that makes them grab traction better (I think bleach will do that but I'm not certain).
So this seeminly stock vehicle will all of the sudden become one mean modified, loud machine... Can you imagine sitting at a light with some jerk off revving his engine then you flip a switch and the car just lowers, exhaust gets louder, the blow off valve sounds and illumination comes on? It makes me smile just thinking about it. And of course the motor will put out at least 400HP

Fenix 08-02-2007 06:40 PM

RE: Crazy Sleeper Idea

Ahh dreams, ive had more than i can count with my baby. I sit and stare off into the distance at work about what id like to do to my car. Sounds like a sweet idea.

dan_o_89_rs 08-02-2007 08:31 PM

nothing like a good pipe dream. all those actuators or sylonoids... all that weight... gonna need a sail to extend out the trunk to make up for the weight gain... just joking. nice imagination btw.

Sarcodian 08-03-2007 09:33 AM

I have some research material for you: link

edit: forgot the [sm=smiley2.gif]

doug4321 08-03-2007 09:40 AM

Not practical,but,everyone needs a dream to get through life.

00AccordLX5spd 08-03-2007 09:41 AM

ROFL. That link isgreat!
Hey nasty. I would like a sleeper that always looked stock but had a ridiculous amount of power. I mean even stock ugly wheel covers like my 2000 LX has. No switches or extra weight, just raw power on the inside, and Grandma'sgrocerygetteron the outside.

sir_nasty 08-03-2007 09:48 AM

ORIGINAL: Sarcodian

I have some research material for you: link

edit: forgot the [sm=smiley2.gif]
*ROFL* that's good stuff. I've put a bit to much thought into this and it wouldn't be that big of a weight gain, the fiberglass bumper would save some weight too. Just use small RC type motors with a pulley to pull things out of the way (one option) and airbags to raise/lower the car there shouldn't be any real weight gains except from the motor.... yes it is a pipe dream but I've got a BIG pipe. Perhaps I just need a good TEA BAG to get my head on straight *L* I think it's possible.....

Sarcodian 08-03-2007 09:54 AM

Since I am at work I got to put some thinking into it as well. Two ways to do it:

1) Spend a lot of money on a nice hydraulic suspension and custom piping/wiring to hide everything. Weight gain isnt an issue if you use ceramic/kevlar/aluminium parts.

2) Hide a nitrous bottle somewhere, get the fake turbo sound kit, activate fake turbo kit, double shot the nitrous and hope the engine holds together.

sir_nasty 08-03-2007 09:54 AM

If I was going to use option #2 I'd need a huge park bench wing on the back.....

Sarcodian 08-03-2007 10:01 AM

If they can make hard top convertables, I am sure we can make a weld on a piece of metal to a couple of power window motors. I think we might need more then 2 if you want the wing all the way out before the light turns green though.