Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Dash Kit (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/dash-kit-19204/)

Briggz 06-18-2008 08:05 PM

Dash Kit

So I just won a '06 dash kit on ebay. I can finally get an aftermarket HU!!!

And here's the kicker... How much do those usually go for on ebay? Anywhere from 130-170 bucks.

I got mine for $42.00 SHIPPED!

Basically, I'm pretty pumped. Haha.

This should probably be audio/visual... but seeing as that doesn't exist anymore, it's off topic.

Briggz 06-18-2008 09:12 PM

RE: Dash Kit

Ok, so I just got an e-mail from the seller saying the following:

I regret to inform you that I can not sell you this item for $30. I paid over $150 for it and will not sell it for a loss. If you are interested in buying this item for what I paid I can send you an invoice from paypal. Please let me know if you want it or not with in the next two days so I may refund you your money. Sorry for any trouble I have caused.

Is he allowed to do this? He's supposed to have set a reserve ammount, right? Do I have a case if I bring this to ebay's attention?

Pardon me for calling BS on this guy.

live2rice 06-18-2008 10:26 PM

yes he is supposed to set a reserve, i would file a claim with ebay saying you didnt recieve the item

19Accord97 06-18-2008 11:39 PM

File a claim with PayPal and eBay IMMEDIATELY.
When filing a claim, it takes roughly two weeks to allow the seller to respond.
Go to ebays website, then click the "talk to a live rep."and you can describe the situation to them. Have the auction I.D ready and all of that and they will help you move along.

Fenix 06-19-2008 08:12 AM

you shouldnt be to upset about this. I have the dash kit and am so unhappy with it. looks cheap, but when the 7" screen comes out it looks way cool. Anyway, yes, file a claim with ebay right away.

KevinAccord 06-19-2008 11:07 AM

file a claim... what's a dash kit? i'll look it up now, but post pics if you have it...

finch13 06-19-2008 11:41 AM

It's the thing that replaces the climate controls in 7th gens so you can install an aftermarket radio.

KevinAccord 06-19-2008 01:38 PM

oh.... no wonder couln't find it for my car on ebay...LOL

t00fatt 06-19-2008 02:37 PM

If he really doesn't want to sell it for that price he'll just take the negative feedback. eBay can't do anything but allow you to leave negative feedback. Unless you sent your payment already, then paypal will freeze his account until he refunds you or sends your item. Chances are your not going to get it for that cheap. eBay and paypal are very limited in what they can do.

Briggz 06-19-2008 03:27 PM

Yeah, I sent the paypal payment immediately after winning the item. And he sent me his e-mail after I had already payed...

I just got an e-mail from ebay as well... doesn't seem like they're going to do much to help me out...