Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Honda Ridgeline ???? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/honda-ridgeline-61124/)

woody31 03-07-2015 09:47 AM

Honda Ridgeline ????

I am in the need for a truck, I like the ridgeline. It would be used as a daily driver, with occasional duty to pull a 14 ft. flat bottom boat ,,a utility trailer 5x8 with a sears craftsman riding mower,,and possible a 16 ft trailer with a load of dirt now and then. My ?? is,,will it hold up to the work?? Or would i be better of with a "normal truck" ?? :shrug: I will be buying used not new. Thanks in advance.

poorman212 03-07-2015 10:23 AM

The 16ft and a load of dirt would be my only concern?

My Dad has one, somewhere in the ~2011 range, and I have the '07 Pilot (about the same platform. Both have done us well over the years.

If you know you are going to be "pulling things" on a regular basis, I would look into an upgrade to the OE trans cooler.

As a side note, many know I've been toying with the idea of a newer ride for my fleet. I'm still all over the place (TL, TLX, Accord) but recently a newer Pilot is now in the running.

woody31 03-07-2015 03:00 PM

A load of dirt would be a very rare occasion,, the boat once or 2 x a month,,trailer about the same ,,all routes are in the 10 mile range also...so with that information you would ??
thanks for the reply.

poorman212 03-08-2015 05:16 AM

Again, it is a decision that you will have to make.

Yes, I like my Honda's so I would be in for it. I think they are rated ~5K lbs towing so keep that in mind. Again if you go with the RL and know you are going to tow pretty often, I would upgrade the OE trans cooler. And with any used purchase, without documents I'm changing all the fluids ASAP.......and we all know what kind of trans fluid is suggested for Honda's.

Of course a good old Chevy truck is another story :)

woody31 03-08-2015 11:48 AM

Thanks for the reply, A church member here has one,, a 2012,,v6 loaded,,he pulls a 10ft trailer with a 2500lb golf cart,,says no issues,,,I would like to keep it honda but,,,will see how everything goes.

poorman212 03-09-2015 07:29 PM

Again, I'm a fan of them (Honda) but part of that I'm sure is the fact that I understand them - I know my old Chevy's and my Honda's, so there is a "comfort" level that comes with them, Not sure if that make sense or not.

I'm not saying that "something" else out there can do the job....just me but with the Honda I can take most of my knowledge from "other" Honda's and it will apply.....so me being who I am, I like going into things with some understanding.

Don't get me wrong, learning new things is always good - never owned a Ford before but ended up with an old 78 F150 in the diveway - couldn't pass on the price.