Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Oil Change Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 12:40 PM
Default Oil Change Problem

My car was idling like crap the other day so I figured since I just got it, it may have been awhile since anyone changed the oil out. I decided to go ahead and change the oil. Anyways, I drain out the oil and noticed it was extremely dark and even after 10 minutes of draining, it was still coming out. I decided to go ahead and flush it to make sure all the bad stuff got out. I hooked up the hose, ran water through the engine, started it up and was waiting for the water to come out clean (The engine never went above idle so I was told this would be ok). Anyways, About 3 minutes into this, then engine starts shaking and shuts off. I figured it was all cleaned out so I plugged it up, added the oil and figured I was ready to go. WRONG! The car won't freaking start now.

Last edited by TexomaAccord; 02-04-2018 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-04-2018, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by TexomaAccord
My car was idling like crap the other day so I figured since I just got it, it may have been awhile since anyone changed the oil out. I decided to go ahead and change the oil. Anyways, I drain out the oil and noticed it was extremely dark and even after 10 minutes of draining, it was still coming out. I decided to go ahead and flush it to make sure all the bad stuff got out. I hooked up the hose, ran water through the engine, started it up and was waiting for the water to come out clean (The engine never went above idle so I was told this would be ok). Anyways, About 3 minutes into this, then engine starts shaking and shuts off. I figured it was all cleaned out so I plugged it up, added the oil and figured I was ready to go. WRONG! The car won't freaking start now.
Is this a joke?

Old 02-04-2018, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

Hopefully this is a joke.

If not, where did you hook up the hose to run water through the engine?

Old 02-04-2018, 06:34 PM

I took the 710 cap off and put it in that tube

Old 02-04-2018, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator

What is the 710 cap?

Old 02-04-2018, 07:03 PM

710 cap

Old 02-04-2018, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator

Yup, this is a joke.

Old 02-05-2018, 09:32 AM

LOL... well true story here-

20 years ago I stopped at a 7-11. As I was paying cash, the cashier asked me to help push some lady's car away from the gas lane. I pushed the car away and asked the lady what happened. She said the car quit on her and that she had trouble with it in another town. She said the light came on about low coolant so she added water. But the light stayed on. I opened the hood and noticed sludge where the oil cap was. I asked where did she put the water. She pointed at the oil cap. I told her not to drive the car again and to tell the mechanic what she told me. I didn't want to be the one to give her bad news...

Old 02-05-2018, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Moved to "off topic" since not actual tech.

Old 02-05-2018, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by redbull-1
Moved to "off topic" since not actual tech.
but... but.... my car won't start now

Quick Reply: Oil Change Problem