Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   how will my accord do against a camry? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/how-will-my-accord-do-against-camry-25817/)

bobwb 06-04-2009 08:23 PM

how will my accord do against a camry?

i know the new v-6 camrys are a bit faster to 60 mph, but how will my 2009 v-6 accord do say on the freeway goinn say 70 to 100mph with the camry? i feel with my higher revinn motor it would have no probs keeping up with them?

19Accord97 06-04-2009 11:26 PM

What year of camry?

A 2010 should beat the Accord by a bit. The Accord weighs about 150lbs more w/ only 3 more horsepower.

WheelBrokerAng 06-04-2009 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by bobwb (Post 173876)
i know the new v-6 camrys are a bit faster to 60 mph, but how will my 2009 v-6 accord do say on the freeway goinn say 70 to 100mph with the camry? i feel with my higher revinn motor it would have no probs keeping up with them?

Get on that freeway and find yourself one and go at it...:)

19Accord97 06-04-2009 11:30 PM

^not safe!!!!

Moppie 06-05-2009 12:27 AM

You have reached a real low point in your life when your trying to race a Toyota Camry.

bobwb 06-05-2009 07:11 AM

my brother in law has a 2008 v-6 camry just wondering which is faster. i like the honda better he wants to race me after i get mine broke in.

03Sleeper 06-05-2009 10:40 AM

Well look at the torque readings.

268/248 Camry
271/254 Accord

Seems dead even. Although I feel you might the edge because its a Honda engine and rev happy. More top end...but you have to be in the upper range of your RPMs to rake in those benefits, whereas the Toyota block chugs happily along at mid-range where you spend most of your driving. Race him with half-tank full of gas. or even better 1/4th tank. Or do some quick weight reduction.

Moppie, its legitimate though...our class is FAMILY sedans. Not performance sedans. At least he didn't say, what chances do I have against a M3.

bobwb 06-05-2009 06:09 PM

so the toyotos have a lower rev limit then our v-6 accords? i know they dont have the cylinder cut out for better mpgs. mabye thats why they are quicker to 60mph? this is my 1st. v-6 motor, on my 1986 gt mustang gt i swaped the 327 gears in rear end to 410s , huge difference off the line. its a auto. tranny. mabye there different gears i can get somewhere? to help off line acreclation . thanks. sorry for the bad spelling, its fri. a few millers flowing tonite.

Moppie 06-05-2009 07:12 PM

Peak power numbers and car weight don't really mean a hell of a lot in determining the out come of a race.

Whats important is how the power is delivered.
That is down to the shape of the power and torque curves, and the gear ratios.

The only way to really find out is to get your grand parents out of the camry, and race both cars to see who wins. For the sake of safety and common sense I would suggest doing it at a proper track, where you can be timed and make multiple runs.

Assuming both drivers know what they are doing, the car with the best power delivery will win. But I imagine it would be reasonbly close.

It's still sad when your talking about racing a camry. The slowest, ugliest, fatest car ever made. Designed for people who don't like cars and driving by people who don't like cars and driving. They are nothing more than an oversized personal transport capsual for your grandparents and accountants.

bobwb 06-05-2009 07:28 PM

the v-6 camry is about the fastest sedan goinn now, i bought the accord for the better interior, drove both cars, the accord felt faster off line till i got to 40 then the camry felt stronger, seemed to pull faster, talked to dealer today for a rear gear swap, no problems he says, they say a lott of people do this. it might hurt mpgs about 2 mpgs though. but lotts better 0 to 60mph. 5.5 compared to our 6.3 for stock.stock camry dose 60 in 6.1 sec.