Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Less HP, Half the price, and Faster (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/less-hp-half-price-faster-11487/)

bssmagik83 08-03-2007 11:48 AM

Less HP, Half the price, and Faster

Now i dont do this all the time, but this guy in a 03-06 G35 auto coupe was staring at me while we were stopped at alight last night. So i kinda knew what was about to happen...GREEN, he took of a little quicker, but i caught up and passed through second and into third, 'bout 80 i let go and he passed and ran a yellow....Anyway it feels good to put it to the guy who thinks more money equals a better car....I LOVE MY ACCORD!!!

talk amongst yourselves, im a little vaklemp

Fenix 08-03-2007 12:27 PM

RE: Less HP, Half the price, and Faster

I did the same thing to a g35 sedan comming into NYC from jersey sunday night. it was great. And ive got a 4 banger

smaglik 08-03-2007 10:36 PM

please be careful....

thunder_x 08-04-2007 12:36 AM

yea, street racing isnt safe unless...
you got some:
-crossed drilled rotors for extreme braking
-racing seats for personal safety
-nice suspension set up so your car wont flip
-your car is stick so you can downshift
-and some good downforce to keep your car pinned to the ground

smaglik 08-04-2007 07:29 AM

ORIGINAL: thunder_x

you got some:
-and you can block off the road

fixed

seriously...it isnt worth it...but, hopefully no one here will find out on their own.

BlkCurrantKord 08-04-2007 07:31 AM

ORIGINAL: thunder_x

you got some:

LOL - none of that is gonna make it any safer.

Chiovnidca 08-04-2007 08:20 AM

Did the other guy know he was racing? ;)

03Sleeper 08-04-2007 12:57 PM

It's always nice, once in a while, to show the Accord is one of the best bang for the buck.

Fenix 08-04-2007 10:15 PM

And whats life if its not lived. boring! I didnt mod the car so it would go slower.

BTW if anyone is in the NYC area ill be under the triboro bridge tonight, queens side.

smaglik 08-04-2007 10:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Fenix

And whats life if its not lived. boring! I didnt mod the car so it would go slower.

BTW if anyone is in the NYC area ill be under the triboro bridge tonight, queens side.
that's great. you do realize you are making decision for others on the road too, right? cause most people arent expecting a vehicle to be travelling at double or triple the speed limit? ever been passed by someone going 50mph or more than you? ever think about what had happened had you hedged over into that, cause christ, you wouldnt have seen them coming at that speed. it doesnt sount like it.

grow up. take it to the track. street racing threads should be banned. end of story.

Fenix 08-05-2007 12:46 AM

thanks for telling me what to do dad. ill make my own decisions in life thanks

blackex19 08-05-2007 01:57 AM

aww cmon guys lighten up...everybody does a little street racing once in a while but i do agree precaution must be taken

smaglik 08-05-2007 09:00 AM

thanks for telling me what to do dad. ill make my own decisions in life thanks

obviously no one has said it to you, or hasnt said it enough for it to sink in. i am done with this thread. i hope it never turns out bad, but if it does, you only take yourself down.

03Sleeper 08-05-2007 08:43 PM

Actually, I really want to see a video of an Accord at the track. Most of the Hondas there are CRXs (pocket racer! lol) and Civics.

Fenix 08-05-2007 10:46 PM

I know i see those all the time, its very rare that i see an accord. Theres one other one in my town that has my model year accord w/rims & headlights. Other than that its the common civics and del sols. Nothing against them, it just be nice to pull up next to an accord thats mod'd

03Sleeper 08-05-2007 10:52 PM

I saw an 7th gen Accord one day....then I heard the sweet, sweet noise of a BOV. I honked in approval.

Fenix 08-06-2007 04:38 PM

God i love that sound, i think i may just get it as a ring tone or something. I always get nods from other accord owners when they pull up next to me or pass me, and i do the same. gota love the comradere

sir_nasty 08-06-2007 06:07 PM

I had a 94 or 95 accord EX (my exact same car except his was the slightly heavier 4 door) with a fart can exhaust pull out (I was behind him) and really lay into the throttle (he looked in his mirror at me before he did it) so just to show him it was pointless to race a car identical to his own that's lighter I road his tail as we accelerated then let him pull off once we hit the speed limit... Why on earth would you take an automatic, 4dr, ex and try to race another car that's the same kind/year/make but 2dr manual and loose them? Honestly, that's just retarted... I suppose if I wasn't an experienced driver you could get away with it...

Fenix 08-06-2007 07:16 PM

Well some people love to think their civic can beat a ferrari. and i agree no point in wasting gas on a pointless race.

ckebottle 08-06-2007 07:21 PM

Probably when he bought the fart can exhaust off ebay it said "gain 15 hp" and he took it to heart.....lol i crack myself up:D

monkey_spit 08-06-2007 10:41 PM

thanks guys for spankin them. i get picked often in the highways, dont know why?straight highways and zizaging through trafficdont prove u got skills,it only proves ugot balls andready todie. when it comes to curves imguilty as everyone.handling is my first priority and its the only time i get to test my suspesionability.

superballz00 08-07-2007 12:24 AM

You have to make sure that the other guy is really pushing his car to the max. I know ppl who won races like these againsts car they shouldn't win against because the other driver is shifting 1-2k rpm early.

Also if you do race on the streets please be careful of other cars and pedestrians. It's best if you only go up to the speed limit.

YeuEmMaiMai 08-07-2007 11:11 PM

I4 accord beating a G35? not unless the other driver is like "look at that butt cheek"

I own a 300HP CL type S and G35 can give me a run for the $$ and I can smoke any I4 accord

ckebottle 08-07-2007 11:27 PM

ORIGINAL: YeuEmMaiMai

I4 accord beating a G35? not unless the other driver is like "look at that butt cheek"

I own a 300HP CL type S and G35 can give me a run for the $$ and I can smoke any I4 accord
Hecka Pwned.

Fenix 08-08-2007 08:15 AM

a win is a win, even if he/she didnt have the guts to push the pedal. if he doesnt want to use all the 300+HP then he shouldnt have bought it

finch13 08-08-2007 08:47 AM

a win is a win, even if he/she didnt have the guts to push the pedal. if he doesnt want to use all the 300+HP then he shouldnt have bought it
That's my philosophy. What is everyone's definition of "street racing"? The way I see it is a street race is a planned event with a defined start and end point (Fast and Furious style). I wouldn't consider the one-upping thing described with the G35 a street race. I doubt many people who mod their cars go to the track religiously, I never have, so why drop so much money into a car if you are not going to let it loose once in a while? I also think it is a disgrace to the engineers who designed the luxury cars. They burn their brains out making the car perform how it does and you're paying a pretty penny for it, so why not get your money's worth? I am, however, against people ruthlessly racing down busy streets and freeways, cutting people off. When they're clear that's a different story, I will double the speed limit on most roads if there aren't people around. If you take people out of the scenario it's just you and law, and risking a ticket or arrest :-/ is your decision, endangering the lives of others is not. Hell just last night at midnight I had to one-up a riced out Chevy S-10 on a suburban road...it was good fun and the road was deserted.

otsb708 08-08-2007 11:24 AM

Try racing a stick G35 and see what happens......

superballz00 08-08-2007 11:54 AM

ORIGINAL: finch13
That's my philosophy. What is everyone's definition of "street racing"? The way I see it is a street race is a planned event with a defined start and end point (Fast and Furious style). I wouldn't consider the one-upping thing described with the G35 a street race. I doubt many people who mod their cars go to the track religiously, I never have, so why drop so much money into a car if you are not going to let it loose once in a while? I also think it is a disgrace to the engineers who designed the luxury cars. They burn their brains out making the car perform how it does and you're paying a pretty penny for it, so why not get your money's worth? I am, however, against people ruthlessly racing down busy streets and freeways, cutting people off. When they're clear that's a different story, I will double the speed limit on most roads if there aren't people around. If you take people out of the scenario it's just you and law, and risking a ticket or arrest :-/ is your decision, endangering the lives of others is not. Hell just last night at midnight I had to one-up a riced out Chevy S-10 on a suburban road...it was good fun and the road was deserted.
It doesn't matter what your definition of street racing is. All that matters is what the law defines street racing is.

Fenix 08-08-2007 12:34 PM

and i certainly dont want to get busted for it, inssurance is bad enough