Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Celica GT

Old 02-01-2007, 11:54 AM
Default Celica GT

Does anyone know the 0-60 on a year +2000 toyota celica GT? Or how fast it is compared to a 2004 Honda Accord Coupe? I have the accord and want a Celica too, but i don't want a slower car than the one i have now and I can't find a GT-S within my price range.

Old 02-01-2007, 02:17 PM
Default RE: Celica GT

GTS is 6.8-7.3 but I can't seem to find the specs on a GT, I will say though that it is much lighter than the accord so my guess would be that they are pretty close depending on your shifting/driving ability.... why not a mitsubishi eclipise or eagle talon? those might be a bit cheaper... what's your price range?

Old 02-01-2007, 10:07 PM

16-17k or bellow. The issue is that my parents want me to get a honda or toyota for reliability and they won't let me mod it. Which kinda makes sense since they're paying for it and don't want to kill the warrenty. The power difference is 26hp, and the celica is lighter. I don't know though. Anyone here own a celica or knows of a spec sheet. Mabey they've owned both and know of the power difference. Even if its only by feel. I just don't want to buy a much slower car. By the way would it be harder to get replacement parts for a Celica because it's been discontinued?

Old 02-01-2007, 10:09 PM

something you should take into consideration is that there is much more room in an accord than a celica, theres also more road noise in a celica compared to an accord. Not to take anything away from toyota, because when they release the Supra in 2008 i may sell my beloved accord and get me one.

Old 02-01-2007, 10:52 PM

I agree, but i like feeling the road and i love engine noise. I don't care much how passengers feel as i can't even drive other people yet. The friends i willdrive like fast, loud, cars. But i would still like confermation on the power vs an accord. I might go this weekend to testdrive one, but my mom would have to drive becuase i'm not 18, and she drives really slow, so i couldn't tell a difference in power if she drove.

Old 02-01-2007, 11:00 PM
Super Moderator

if you search hard enough you should be able to find a GT-S in your price range, my friend got his 01 for 14k. one of the things with the GT-S though is I believe you have to run premium gas. As to your question about parts availablity for a celica, they are just as easy to get as any other car. I have raced a celica(not GT-S) in my accord, it was a pretty even race, but i would say he won by a small margin.

Old 02-01-2007, 11:10 PM

Is it possible to find a GT-S for my price range that's certified? Where are some good places to search online for cars besides cars.com?

Old 02-01-2007, 11:12 PM

For the race you were talking about were either cars modded?

Old 02-02-2007, 01:27 AM

get a 6 speed accord v6 and ur good to go...

Old 02-02-2007, 01:40 AM

Don't have that kind of money man....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Celica GT