Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Most American cars (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/most-american-cars-48609/)

Jet sitter 07-05-2012 07:02 AM

Most American cars

Next time someone talks about buying American, refer them to this link:

Cars.com study says the most-American car is a Toyota | Fox News

WheelBrokerAng 07-05-2012 12:51 PM

But,,,,

Originally Posted by Jet sitter (Post 287958)
Next time someone talks about buying American, refer them to this link:

Cars.com study says the most-American car is a Toyota | Fox News

Why didn't they inform as that it has the worst recall record at the same time..they just had to recall another 1 million , 500 thousand cars again in the last 2 or 3 weeks.

:eek: That's 1,000,000 and 500,000 thousand more Toyota's..that's a lot of zero's I think.
Not looking for a fight, just putting down the figures.. That's all folks :D

WheelBrokerAng 07-05-2012 12:54 PM

I see you reading this already Jet... lolol

Jet sitter 07-05-2012 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by WheelBrokerAng (Post 288012)
Why didn't they inform as that it has the worst recall record at the same time..they just had to recall another 1 million , 500 thousand cars again in the last 2 or 3 weeks.

:eek: That's 1,000,000 and 500,000 thousand more Toyota's..that's a lot of zero's I think.
Not looking for a fight, just putting down the figures.. That's all folks :D

I'm not sure that Toyota has the worse recall record of all time, Ford and there have been several GM car's with major recalls. The point I was attempting to make was that of the top 10 sedan's sold in America only Camry and Accord actually are made in the US with US parts.

Jet sitter 07-05-2012 02:02 PM

Worse recalls of all time:

10 Largest Auto Recalls in History - Page 2 - MSN Autos

Jet sitter 07-05-2012 02:13 PM

Final report on Toyota:

On February 8, 2011, the NHTSA, in collaboration with NASA, released its findings into the investigation on the Toyota drive-by-wire throttle system. After a 10 month search, NASA and NHTSA scientists found no electronic defect in Toyota vehicles Driver error or pedal misapplication was found responsible for most of the incidents

The report ended stating, "Our conclusion is Toyota's problems were mechanical, not electrical." This included sticking accelerator pedals, and pedals caught under floor mats.

WheelBrokerAng 07-05-2012 02:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Good find and I did read it...and I say again..only seems to be Toyota cars being recalled over and over again in the news. I don't look them up..I get them numbers from my association with Import Car and Tech-Shop who I have been a member with for about 5 years now..they print up the numbers..

Nice looking cars, with good paint jobs..that's what I like about them..:)

Jet sitter 07-05-2012 02:56 PM

I'm waiting for the 2013 Accord to come out this fall, but since my 2000 only has around 160K on it, it's barely broken in compared to what most of the people on this site have. Hard to trade a car that still has another 300K mile or more left in her.